Survivor: Game Changers

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by xdawg, Mar 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

True, it is, and not for the better. They have made it wayyyyy too easy for people who can't actually survive or compete well to comfortably stay in the game without suffering any real hardships or health problems. The jungles are just there more for decoration anymore, than causing any obstacles for advancing.

Finding idols and clues has become way too easy as well. Early on the clues were more oblique, they took lots of thought and time and trials to solve. Now, they may as well just spray paint huge arrows or X to mark off -- dig two seconds here in this easy spot for your idol. :sigh:

2. applebonkerz

Losing doesn't really matter anymore, incompetence is always rewarded now with a tribe reshuffle instead of decimation. Pathetic "improvement" Probst made to the game.

Texastoyz and rburly like this.
  3. John54

John54 Senior Member

I still don't really like Tai but he kept his cool over the Debbie meltdown, and kudos to him for finding more hidden immunity idol clues.

4. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

I agree that Survivor is not the show it use to be and with each new location it's becoming more apparent that it's just for scenery and not forcing the players to actually Survive. There was one Survivor that I think it was Colby and a lady at the end and the lady won but they got so thin and it really showed how they had to survive out in the elements. Fast forward to today's show and it's Jeff giving them flint to make fire right away or here spices and coffee and peanut butter and jelly jars, fruit baskets, blankets and quilt's and pillows, chairs and hammocks. It's like there on vacation on this tropical island. I'm waiting for Jimmy Buffet to arrive and they all break out around campfire singing Margaritaville. Also they need to stop showing the snakes in the trees, is this to make the audience think it's scary out there when not one episode has ever shown a snake at camp or at night when it's complete darkness crawling around there stuff or sleeping areas.

Seriously, how many times are they going to hide the clue or the idol in a tree stump? The clues are silly, go here marked with an X and start digging, might as well just include the idol with the clue paper. At least make them work hard for it such as when last season Tai had to climb up a steep tree got bloody thighs trying to get to that idol. I'm wondering if they got sued and were forced in making it less survivor like and more tv friendly. Last season was kinda scary when people started passing out and some air lifted out.

I can't believe that Michaela isn't going to say later to herself...what so Sandra threw me under the bus, she ate the sugar and wanted to blame me for doing something I didn't do, yeah Sandra did save her later but still she threw her under the bus by making others think she ate the sugar when she didn't do that at all. If Sandra is willing to do that what else will she do behind your back....Michaela?

I think they might be keeping Sandra on the hopes that they sit next to her on the final tribal council with the thinking that they surely won't give Sandra the win 3 times, right? They have to vote for me, so I want Sandra next to me at the end. argh!!

What is with JT not taking the idol with him at tribal, he said he left it at camp knowing he wouldn't need it. Even though he continued to feel safe and wouldn't have played it anyway even if he did have it...still a very stupid move to not even take it with you, something he will probably regret for the rest of his life and worse yet he can't even take it home because he didn't have it. It goes to show if you feel safe your not really safe.

Tree of Life likes this.
  5. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

I'm going to take back everything I said about Sandra, and jump on her bandwagon. A two time winner, and there wasn't a peep about going after her. After she fessed up to the sugar incident, everyone laughed and I remembered the greatness that is Sandra. That was pure genius we saw this week.
    She...IS the Queen.

anthontherun likes this.
  6. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

Jesus, I love you man!

I've been saying the exact same thing for years. Most of these cats couldn't survive 2 days in their own backyard but Survivor has gone softer than a babies ass.

Make finding the Idols damn near impossible unless you have the ability to scale a 25 foot palm, dive down 25 feet to the seafloor teeming with jellyfish or navigating slippery rocks while climbing up a 50 foot ledge potentially causing death!

JT was just dumb. Hell, if you have an Idol and theres only 5 people involved PLAY IT, Survivor ALWAYS puts another one out there and if there's only 4 left, I wouldn't give a damn if they knew I was looking for it cause ALL my time would be spent looking for it.

Linger63 and applebonkerz like this.
  7. applebonkerz

Ha! Thank you, never had that nice of a reception to one of my posts anywhere. :cheers:

Tree of Life and rburly like this.
  8. applebonkerz

9. John54

John54 Senior Member

^ LOL

At least she went out in a classy way.

I was laughing at that tribal council; I thought Tai was trying to set up a 6-1 vote for him so that he could play an idol and get rid of Sandra with his one vote, but I was wrong. I was surprised he didn't play one, but he obviously knew he didn't need to.

xdawg and rburly like this.
  10. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

"I've met presidents and prime ministers, but this is better" (Debbie, on getting to meet Cochran) :rolleyes:

anthontherun, rjp, Humbuster and 2 others like this.
  11. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

It was fun to see how good she was at creating chaos at tribal. I'm glad the rest of them saw it too and stuck to the plan.

If there isn't another switch, Tai is going to need his immunities for the next couple of tribals. But, throwing Aubry, Tai, and Debbie could flip the game if they can bring in Varner. It could get interesting.

Debbie? :doh: Sadly, she could end up being the goat brought along to the end.

12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

at last :goodie::pineapple::edthumbs:

the queen is gone, and not even on the jury so we don;t have hear her voice again.

now, about debbie.........................

13. dude

dude Senior Member

The biggest problem I have with this show is that the producers and editors are so obsessed with making the tribal council vote look like a surprise that they ruin the whole episode. In addition, they have to be leaving out a ton of actual footage of all the planning that must go in to why people actually do vote the way they do.

Last night was a good example. After all the craziness at tribal council, Sandra still goes. To me that can only mean that we missed a lot of the complex planning that went into making sure it was a blind side for Sandra.

jriems, Tree of Life and xdawg like this.
  14. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I'm not sure how much reality television you watch, but there is so much that's left out that the producers have to make a story out of what happens, so they show the most compelling TV. When Big Brother first started, so much was shown that we could see and hear the producers manipulating things that weren't shown seasons after it. They present a lot of information that can stir things up for entertainment value.

Tree of Life and xdawg like this.
  15. Beatles Floyd

Beatles Floyd Well-Known Member

I love survivor

nosticker and xdawg like this.
  16. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

the queen is dead
    long live the queen

i have to give her credit, she went down swinging.

that's one crazy tribe. lose a queen...gain a psycho. i'll be watching.

Tree of Life, xdawg and Kyhl like this.
  17. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Maybe a theme for an upcoming season... Survivor stripped... bare minimum and no immunity idols.

rburly, Tree of Life and xdawg like this.
  18. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

That was a bummer of an end result, but I feel like if Sandra had to go, she got one of the best sendoffs ever. Again, her fellow players pointed out what so many people in the audience fail to give Sandra credit for--she has a natural ability to get people on her side. The Tai/Debbie/Aubry argument wasn't really a strong one, but it still got people thinking. They made the right move though, because way too many players have made the mistake of thinking "We can get rid of Sandra anytime" only to watch her swiftly slide to the end as they cannibalized themselves. But good on them for giving her a well-deserved round of applause as she left. The queen stays queen. At the very least, give her credit for taking it with humor and class. We've seen far less worthy players react to a torch snuff with a lot less dignity.

I have to say though, this season is going downhill, not only because by far the most entertaining person just left, but the twists are getting ridiculous now. Letting a tribe essentially vote out another tribe's player with no prior discussion was bad enough, but now we have Exile Island...on a luxurious boat! We're down to two tribes, but let's add a third idol because nobody knows what to do without them! Let's bring in Cochran for no reason whatsoever, to provide such nuggets of wisdom as, "I saw Brad on TV and he was kind of a hothead"! Hey Debbie, we had too many ideas for twists so you can choose one! Whatever happened to casting a bunch of people and letting them dictate how the game plays out?

xdawg, DeeThomaz, Scotian and 2 others like this.
  19. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

Student: AnthontHerun
    Subject: Survivor and Recaps
    Grade: F'in..A
    Quote: Outstanding!

xdawg and anthontherun like this.
  20. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I completely agree. There was obviously so much at that Tribal that we didn't get to see - like there always is, of course, but this time it was so ridiculously obvious. They edited Tai's meltdown into some kind of horrible game-changer that Sandra brilliantly seized hold of to turn it all around...and then everything went as they had planned all along. I'm trying to figure out how Tai lost his mind so thoroughly to do what he did, but then I just relax and realize it was all edited to look that way, and it was probably Probst goading Tai into doing some of that stuff that we never saw.

It happens like this time after time after time, and it's now just completely boring. I told my wife before the vote that nothing we just saw was going to even come into play during the vote, and it didn't. They've cried wolf so often on Survivor now that the majority of the time what they show you is the opposite of what happens. Not all the time, but enough.

Well, that was quite a ramble. I'll just close by saying I'm super glad Sandra is toast. :goodie:

xdawg, Tree of Life and rburly like this.
  21. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

I thought that Tai had 2 idols, which means that, potentially, couldn't he have played one for himself and one for Sandra, knocking someone else out? THAT would have been awesome.

Dan

22. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

He could have, yes. And that just reminded me that Debbie has an extra vote. Hmmm...

xdawg and nosticker like this.
  23. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

I'm still not sure if what went down at Tribal Council was a pre-determined plan to make Sandra and Varner feel safe, or a reminder of how impulsive and bad Tai is at playing this game. Probably a little bit of both.

xdawg and Kyhl like this.
  24. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I forgot about that. As I pointed out earlier, if Aubry, Tai, and Debbie connect with Varner, plus an extra vote they could be sending Ozzy home.
    Then again, Debbie probably wants to save that vote for Culpepper. Because she is nuts.

Interesting that there isn't much talk about the other tribe. I think it is right to not put much thought about who gets picked off over there. Which means one of them is probably going home next week. :laugh:
    I think the combination of Culpepper and Michaela could push that team to continue to win challenges. They both have a huge drive to compete and have some brains. Michaela's drama aside.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    xdawg likes this.
  25. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

Aww man. I thought Sandra had done it again and talked her way out of trouble. I'll move to Team Aubrey now but I'm much more interested in seeing Debbie go, than I am, anyone staying. Ozzy should be on guard, as his name was tossed around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.