Survivor: Ghost Island

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rjp, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjp

rjp Senior Member Thread Starter

interesting opening episode. lots of possibilities. 2 gone already, 18 left and a merge next week already.

they are truly spicing things up a bit.

and no old people......

2. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

I couldn't watch the Kentucky guy without only seeing the SNL version of Jeff Sessions that Kate McKinnon does. :laugh:

Otherwise it was a pretty entertaining start to this season.

MikaelaArsenault and rburly like this.
  3. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

some interesting characters. hoping the rivalry between Dominick and Chris continues. that could get very entertaining.

4. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

The main thing I noted was how they seem to have amped up the hotness quotient in choosing contestants for both sexes. Apart from that it always takes me a couple of episodes to get into things.

John K.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  5. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

Great episode and looking forward to this season. I guess this confirms that you can be a jock with ripped abs but scared to go down under water deep to pull the lever. I wished Kentucky guy that gone sooner they might have one.

6. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

I wish they weren't swapping tribes so early--I know in recent years they like having three tribes but it's kind of lame having the reset button pushed every other episode. Thank God Jacob got out last night or we'd probably be stuck with him the entire season.

Still not a fan of this Ghost Island concept...they need to trim back on the idols/advantages, not go all in.

I had to actually pause the show last night to make sense of Dom's "logic"...he finds a real hidden idol. Tells Chris he did not find said idol. Creates a fake idol. Tells Chris, "Actually I did find the idol." Shows him the fake idol and the real note. Chris is suspect.

Also, the imbalance of featuring men over women was ridiculous. The men had three times as much content as women, and Jacob had as many confessionals on his own as all the women combined.

Tree of Life likes this.
  7. applebonkerz

I often/usually end up disagreeing with a lot of your comments in these threads, but you're spot-on with half of this. :)
    Especially the tribe swap already, that's totally uncalled for this early in the game. Maybe if they got to four immunity losses in a row by the same tribe -- then do a swap. This early is just producer meddling in the game because they can, not because it is needed for any kind of fairness balance.

Tree of Life and anthontherun like this.
  8. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

I enjoyed last night's double episode. I hadn't read up on what was going on beforehand, but assumed the cast would (at least partially) be made up of the past players that were featured on the opening clip (James, Eric, etc.....). I'm glad they aren't there though. Jacob totally needed to go. He was an over thinker and talker. His BS at the end of the 1st immunity challenge was horrendous.

Tree of Life and Craig like this.
  9. anthontherun

I think we're good as long as Sandra's not playing on the season. ;)

Tree of Life likes this.
  10. applebonkerz

With her mug always staring at me though in your avatar...it's almost as bad as when she is playing. :shh:

Tree of Life, anthontherun and Song4U like this.
  11. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

Exactly, every time I see her pic it reminds me how she wanted to kill Bambi and eat it...leaving the mother without it's offspring. It turns my stomach just thinking back on that moment and wish I never watched that episode.

12. John54

John54 Senior Member

I didn't watch it. I'm off Survivor since Chrissy wuz robbed last season.

I reserve the right to binge-watch the whole season at a later date however if it's available.

13. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

I'm glad the tribe had sense enough to vote Jason off.

He was making me want to punch my TV in it's mouth.

The Meaning of "Dom":Someone who thinks they are smarter than they actually are"

Survivor is like a Whitesnake song: "Here I Go Again", bunch of Idols, advantage's etc..."Your Killing me Small's" with it all

John54, your right, Chrissy WAS robbed...with another sympathy winner no less.....irk's me to no end.

14. anthontherun

Freakin' loved tonight's episode. This is what Survivor should be about. None of this manufactured suspense from idols or advantages but people legitimately using strategy and social politics to outsmart one another. An absolutely ingenious play from James, and good job Libby on defying expectations and being sneaky and ruthless (although I really liked Morgan and was super-excited to root for the hot Catholic girls alliance).

Much better than last week's two episodes, and a whole universe away from the awful "let's give the game to Ben" finish last season.

15. rjp

rjp Senior Member Thread Starter

i agree great episode last night.

but i also liked morgan.

this could be a very good season, we'll see.

16. GLENN

GLENN Forum Resident

Elsewhere on the internet folks are complaining that the tribe switch was way too early and made for a confusing episode, and I have to agree. It doesn't help that every episode is now edited to lead up to a "#Blindside" moment.

17. GlamorProfession

i don't like the early drop-your-buffs. it rewards the tribe that has sucked. not to mention, you don't even get a chance to know everybody yet.

18. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

Chris getting to go to Ghost Island really shook things up. Now, Angela knows all her old tribe mates were gunning for her. My guess is she and Chris will switch sides.

19. anthontherun

Holy **** that was an amazing episode.

20. GlamorProfession

i really don't like people like Bradley who have this condescending i'm better than everybody else attitude but then they try to play it off with that innocent "who me?...". i was hoping they would nail him last night but no. hopefully he gets comeuppance soon.

21. GlamorProfession

ho hummer episode

22. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

What's the budget for this season's reward challenges? $500? Coffee & pastries? The conversations seem more scripted than normal this season as well. They're more like really bad actors than interesting contestants.

23. applebonkerz

After getting off to a great start, the past couple weeks have been pretty dull. Glad whatever her name is was the one to go last night. Not many likable people standing out at this point, but I'm quickly adding to the ones I don't like. Everyone else is just "there"...barely, whatever their names are.

Scotian and rburly like this.
  24. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

Without going into specifics, I skipped last season because I could't listen to anymore social justice preaching from the previous season. They tone down that stuff at all?

Scott222C and asdf35 like this.
  25. GlamorProfession

so far not too heavy on that. lots of crying though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.