Survivor Season 28 - Cagayan: Brains, Brawn, Beauty!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sparkydog, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anyone watching? And I use the word "Brains" very loosely! :sigh: :winkgrin:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  2. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Yeah, thanks for starting the thread.

Not much in the Brains department last night, huh?! OTOH, the women in the Beauty tribe were my favorites.

3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

too early to tell anything, but the brains have serious issue right off of the bat.

i hate rainy seasons, and this looks as though it might be one of those.

just thinking:
    i could see possibly 2 merges this seasons, once into 2 tribes, and then into one.

no redemption island....makes the shows, and the character development, longer.

my early favorite is cliff robertson, but people who have money rarely win, if the others know that they have it. and everyone knows about him already.

4. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

looking forward to this season. no redemption island and all new players, yea!
    so far the brains tribe are proving that street smarts and a good social game mean more than a high IQ in this game.

5. rburly

I hadn't thought of that until I just read your post, no returning players, so the people are all unknowns and I prefer it that way. No Redemption Island is great. When they peeld off the 3 "weakest" players right off the bat, I was Expecting RI. I was satisfied with last night's show and hope it stays player/character driven.

6. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I liked that the "brains" tribe got ride of the Marlins President (can't remember the name), but didn't like that they got rid of their big beefcake looking guy, ***** that he was. The day I wouldn't vote to oust the woman who had a Lil' Hantz like tantrum and threw all the food in the fire is the day I'd set myself on fire.

:righton: for no returning players!

The dork cop and his "spy shack" could be comedy gold.

Kudos to Monica (the babe isolated from the "beauty" tribe right off the bat, who got the idol clue, but then seemed to play up to her team that she gathered the food for them and made it seem like she was a team player. At least she's thinking. Hope she finds the idol discreetly.

Cliff Robinson was a real good NBA player. Cool to see him on there.

7. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Promising start to the season.

8. GlamorProfession

yeah, considering the spy shack, the fact that he doesn't want to reveal the fact that he's a cop and he's already showing jealousy of cliff- the cop seems pretty paranoid.

9. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

A classic case of him playing WAY too hard right off the bat. That one play by him (picking the strongest guy to go home before any competition) may have doomed the "smarties" to tribal oblivion. I do like the accountant lady on that team a bit more than the rest so far.

10. GlamorProfession

Morgan
    [​IMG]
    survives....just barely

11. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I was just extremely happy to see Brains not lose another challenge. It was almost exactly the opposite of last episode where they were leading until whats-her-name choked on the puzzle giving them the loss. I didn't think they had a chance last night, but they stuck with it and pulled out a 2nd-place finish. It was a tad exciting.

12. GlamorProfession

yep, it was the beauty boys who blew it this time. they just couldn't figure out how to work that maze wheel.

13. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

Cliff didn't realize it, but he saved his own skin. The "Brawnies" really are meatheads if they think throwing a challenge is ever a good thing!
    The "Brainies" were a laugh riot with J-tia. She did add a lot of entertainment value, but I'm glad she is gone.
    LJ & the "Beauties" rock at the challenges, but everyone besides him doesn't seem to have a clue. The chicken bit was SO funny!
    I'm curious as to how the upcoming merge resets some strategies.

14. John54

John54 Senior Member

I'm watching, as usual. I agree that the Marlins guy was playing too hard. So is the NY cop. Meanwhile the female cop seems awfully naive for a cop, despite sussing him out. Garrett the poker player looked cold and uncomfortable most of the time.

The "brains" tribe is a disaster area. I'm glad they got rid of J'Tia, especially after her rice-dispersing meltdown which is just inexcusable. But she seems oddly self-aware and was probably just way out of her comfort zone.

I had to laugh at Brice's exit comments where he dissed most of his tribe and said "I don't even remember their names". Too bad he's out; he would have been good entertainment.

15. agentalbert

The Brawnies attempt to throw the challenge versus the ineptness of the women (not Just J'tia, all three of them) of the Brains tribe was pathetic to watch. I hope Cliff figured what was going on. Maybe Wu will tell him as he didn't like the idea of throwing the challenge. The girl cop is gullible and paranoid. I hope she's red with shame watching this back when she realizes she's putting so much stock in this "cop bond" with the other guy and it means nothing to him, and her idea to throw the challenge was based on the completely made-up information that Cliff wanted to get her out. I wish Wu and the older lady would have stood up to her more, but nobody wants to rock a boat at this point.

Glad J'tia is gone, but she should have been gone immediately after her temper tantrum. Feel bad for Spencer as he seems solid and performs well, while J'Tia absolutely panics in every challenge. How long did she mess with that broom on the platform during the reward challenge when they had the huge lead and blew it? And every single one of those women went into the water and came back empty handed during the immunity challenge. Spencer had to do the whole thing himself, practically.

16. GlamorProfession

Well, Spencer will get a chance to break free from the disaster that is the brains tribe when they merge next week. Not sure he has the social skills to get in tight with another alliance.

17. rburly

I was glad to see "Brains" (really?!!) finally vote off J'tia. We shouldn't even be talking about her right now, but too much thought was put into trust too early and she remained.

I'm really interested in next weeks show. I want to see how they change the teams. It's a good season so far for me. I like the all new players.

18. GlamorProfession

that tribe shake-up really changed things! the 3 brains all of a sudden are in the sweet spot getting tossed in with the fractured beauty group. and how bout that trish? wow, she creeps me out a bit...especially with that laugh :eek:. if her and tony get control of that tribe, it can't be good for their prospects now that they voted off the strongest player.

19. agentalbert

Yeah, voting out Cliff was dumb. Too early. They may have doomed themselves to a string of challenge losses. That guy was great in any physical challenge. The two guys trying to move him off that pole couldn't budge him. I've disliked Tony and Trish from the beginning, and they only strengthened that. I hope they're right back at tribal the next few weeks.

20. joeconn4

joeconn4 Forum Resident

Cliff... I feel like the producers were trying to protect him, based on the last 2 Immunity Challenges, but as this week showed, anything can happen. I know what they show is heavily edited to script a story, but the last 2+ episodes I've heard a lot of talk from some of his teammates that he needed to go. I'm sure if the producers wanted they could have emphasized conversations targeting any of the players, but I felt like Cliff was getting a little more emphasis lately. Then last week the IC involves shooting baskets??????? Suspicious. And this week both challenges were very physical. It would be difficult to say that Cliff's tribe losing this week wasn't a pretty huge upset. They had it, they lost it!

Even without Cliff, New Solano has solid physical abilities...Woo, LJ, Tony, plus Trish and Lindsey who were original Brawn, so I see the loss of Cliff as not a negative move for that tribe, even if the next few challenges skew towards strength. We'll probably get that "wading in water carrying sandbags chasing the other team" challenge in the next soon, even without Cliff which team do you favor?

21. John54

John54 Senior Member

I'm really becoming a Spencer fan. He seems confident and self-assured, like he can do it all in life, although that doesn't necessarily translate to winning Survivor. He's a chess player, and I suspect he'd be good at poker too.

It occurred to me too that Trish's laugh was a little creepy, although she seems like a reasonably strong player. I'm still wondering how a cop can appear so naive as Sarah, though it wasn't in the forefront last night.

22. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

This J-tia was supposed to be a 'Nuclear Engineer'. Come on .!! What ? Did anyone check that claim ?

Actually I don't think they were supposed to rip the head off the chicken. The host did say "enjoy your eggs", not "cook the chook" !

That Basketball challenge was very suspiciously timed.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  23. agentalbert

They cooked the rooster. What else would he be good for?

rburly and E.Baba like this.
  24. GlamorProfession

you know, i really thought Lindsey might have a chance at advancing deep into the game. but Trish really pushed her buttons. i would think you would need to expect that somebody is getting to test your nerves and you better be prepared for it. bummer...

25. agentalbert

Yeah, I liked her and hated seeing her quit. And despite the fact that they won both challenges, I thought it was silly of her tribe to show up celebrating that they not only eliminated Cliff but also lost her. With an eventual merge, bragging about being behind in a number game is stupid. It may work out if they are more united than the other group, but it still shouldn't have been anyting to celebrate.

I wish when there was a puzzle where teams were putting together pieces to get a number to unlock a safe, lock, door, whatever - that they had different numbers so a team that is behind can't just look at the other team to see what number their puzzle shows and catch up.

xdawg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.