Survivor Season 28 - Cagayan: Brains, Brawn, Beauty!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sparkydog, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Tony came through with a Big Move that saved Spencer and the other 2. That buys at least another week for him. There have been so many blindisides that I wonder if Spencer will see it when it's his turn, though that's the definition of a blindside.

And they show Tony saying "I don't know why everybody thinks I'm such a big threat". False modesty?

2. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

So much for my vote of confidence with LJ. It really didn't take much effort for Tony to turn him against LJ. The guy didn't even question Tony's story about LJ.

3. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Yeah, Wu seemed just as gullible as Sarah did. Trish at least seemed skeptical. Did both Trish and Kass vote to eliminate LJ? Tony's making so many moves and playing so hard, and at this point all those people you double cross are on the jury, that I don't see him winning.

4. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

i have to think Tony will be in trouble very soon...i don't see how anyone (except for Woo) can trust him now.

5. rburly

One of my colleagues and I were talking about last night's show and he asked if or why no one has caught on to Tony's running of the game. Trish brought up the inconsistency between what Tony was saying and what (I think) she said LJ (or Wu) was saying. In essence, they were exact opposite statements. If Trish is smart enough, and I think she is, she'll figure out that Tony is running the game and she'll bring it to everyone else's attention.

6. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

By my count it was Tony, Woo, Jeremiah, Tasha & Spencer that voted for LJ.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  7. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Correct.

8. rjp

rjp Senior Member

in all the years of watching survivor i was never so disgusted as the showing of tony's horrific acting abilities when he found that idol last night. it was so over the top, so fake, so contrived that i wanted to turn it off but my wife would not let me. i have never seen survivor stoop so low to make it a "show" and showing woo fall in the preview last week and then finding out that it was nothing was another red herring placed just for ratings.

it is very obvious that the next 2 weeks will be non-eventful and basically by the script, and i am quite sure we will see more "acting" by the cast.

maybe in 3 weeks, when we get down to the final 6, it will get better, but last night a very very good season came to a crashing halt.

tony, to be blunt, just gets way too much screen time. he might not be a russell hantz, but probst is doing everything he can to make him one.

shame on you probst, and shame on you survivor, for even showing that trash last night.

9. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

Tony is hugely annoying, but I have enjoyed this season a lot. It is much better without Redemption Island.

BlueTrane and GlamorProfession like this.
  10. rburly

I was thinking while watching, "What are the chances that Tony is finding the special idol alone?". Too much help from CBS keeping annoying Tony around, I think, CBS.

Also, did you see the faces of everyone as the names were read, esp. Jefra and Wu (sp?)? I was sure Wu would be walking out after I saw their reaction shots during that early part. Then, wah-wah-wah, Jeremiah leaves easily. Not even close. Too much goosing CBS.

11. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Yeah & what's up with this super-idol that even if you get voted out, you use it & you're back in again. This combined with with the fact that Tony finds it in pretty much an unmarked place makes all seem too convenient. This is starting to be as realistic as Storage Wars.

12. keifspoon

keifspoon Senior Member

Agree....1 cop limit per season. :agree:

13. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

I would like to believe that Tony wasn't 'led' to the special idol .. but I think he found it and then told the producers.... and re-enacted the 'discovery' with bad acting.

14. John54

John54 Senior Member

If Spencer can somehow pull this one off, I'd say it would be the greatest single winning performance in Survivor history.

15. rburly

I'd certainly agree, but I don't anyway possible unless the producers step in somehow. I'm sure Tony will make the Big Move against the next biggest threat he sees which would buy Spencer one more week. But I think Tony has thought most of this through and has a plan for each week. With his "try to take me out because I'll stay in" idol, he'll make it to the Final 3.

16. rjp

rjp Senior Member

yep.

that idol guarantees him the final three, unless they vote him out every week from now on, which will never happen as controls the game.

coupled with the obvious that probst wants him there, he is a shoe-in for the final three.

17. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

What do you mean? Tony works in construction ;)

keifspoon likes this.
  18. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Constructing spy shacks :shh:

Wayne Hubbard and rburly like this.
  19. John54

John54 Senior Member

So basically Spencer used the same tactic on Tony that Tony earlier used on Sarah, without knowing about the latter (so far as I know). The plot thickens. Spencer still has a chance! He's certainly playing as hard as anyone ever has. Outside of maybe Rob Mariano?

20. rburly

Why would Tony believe Spencer? He had to know that Spencer would do anything to save his ****, so why not make up a "story" to scare Tony?

What are the chances Tony gets another idol? I know 50%. But why didn't Tasha make it 33.3%? She ended up with $500 and had to count on winning the Immunity challenge. If she makes it to the Final 3, I hope she wins!

21. rjp

rjp Senior Member

6 people to go.

basically 2 - 3 more weeks

tony is guaranteed to be in the final 5 even if he voted out.

he can play the other idol leaving 4, which puts him in the final 4 without question

basically only one shot to lose, and that would be getting voted out and placing fourth.

if he gets to the final 3 he wins, hell i'd vote for him (even though i can't stand his horrible acting ability), he ran this whole game.

22. GlamorProfession

that sums it up perfectly. Tony only has to survive the last tribal (final 4). the question is: who else will be there? Spencer and Tasha are the only ones who have a chance to beat Tony so i would think he will do all he can to get them voted off.

23. GlamorProfession

Tasha did say that she was hoping for another clue/advantage to be offered at auction. i believe it has happened before.

24. rburly

I talked to a colleague after I posted and he told me the same thing. I remember her (or someone) saying they thought there would be one more offering after the advantage clue, but I didn't hear the advantage part. I thought she was hoping for another food offering. I was really hoping that either Spencer or Tasha would get the advantage clue/idol clue, but Tasha took herself out of the running.

I agree that if Tony make is to the end that he definitely deserves to win. I'm just not a big fan of his depite his ability to play the best game of anybody there!

25. GlamorProfession

Tony would be more "likeable" and easier to root for if he was just a bit more subtle and a little less paranoid.

rburly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.