Survivor Season 35: Heroes Vs. Healers Vs. Hustlers

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by xdawg, Sep 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

well they tried to make it look like the goofy redheaded guy might get voted out but it turned out to be the obvious Simone.
    not a whole lot of action from this episode but it appears that Devin is a really good swimmer!
    i wonder if Ben and Chrissy will turn out to be the true power couple. they both look like they have potential Survivor game playing skills.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    xdawg likes this.
  2. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

There's no legal way that I know of to watch it but last season & the one currently in progress of Survivor: Australia is so much better than the last quite a few seasons of the American one.

anthontherun and xdawg like this.
  3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

long time survivor watchers should have known at the "aqua dump" line that simone was going home. after that she got more airtime than anyone else all night long.

so far still no one stands out as favorite for me, kind of a blah cast it seems.

how about allen walking out of the jungle with a t-shirt that read "running down the dream" the day after tom petty died....talk about odd coincidences.

xdawg likes this.
  4. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

Another kind of "meh" episode. I kind of like the team of Ryan ( bellhop) & Devin (surfer dude). Joe reminds me of Tony from last season.

5. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

I'm really liking this season so far. The premiere was weak but tonight was a really fun one. Jessica and Cole are probably the first Survivor showmance in a long time that's actually endearing rather than irritating. Lauren is a low-key but surprisingly entertaining character that really reminds me of the old-school seasons. Alan not being able to open the coconut was an amusing scene, and kudos to the editors for making all the comments the Heroes were making about JP catching fish sound like they were talking about his dick. For the Hustlers' sake I'm glad they're switching up tribes next week, although I'm guessing we're going down to two tribes with one person going to Exile Island, which is lame. Also, I want to like Ryan but he's so forced. He has a decent one-liner here and there (his batting average is pretty low though) but he's not charming enough to be playing to the cameras so much.

After Sandra was voted out last season, the remainder was so dull and overly serious. It's nice to have entertaining Survivor back.

xdawg and rburly like this.
  6. xdawg

I think that Pat was the correct choice to go last night. They had him pegged as a fake and his comments after he got voted off seemed to back them up.

Kyhl and rburly like this.
  7. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Agree with everything you said. They promo'd the showmance big time, but it was just a preview of more to come I suppose. I enjoyed last nights show much more as well, and I hope it stays up there with interesting interactions.

anthontherun and xdawg like this.
  8. GlamorProfession

yeah i think this season shows promise as well.

as a longtime Survivor fan, i really wish they wouldn't give away a buff dropping in the preview to next weeks episode. i'd much rather get that surprise while watching.

Kyhl, xdawg and rburly like this.
  9. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

I give up. Boring contestants, same old stuff.
    My time is better spent listening to music.

Enjoy the show, the rest of you.

xdawg likes this.
  10. GLENN

GLENN Forum Resident

We actually watched this week's episode twice, and that almost never happens. I think this season shows promise too.

xdawg likes this.
  11. Alert

Alert Forum Resident

One thing that always gets me is when someone sneaks off to search for an idol and is constantly looking around to make sure no one knows what they're up to -- if we're seeing it on television they have a film and sound crew with them!

How sneaky can this moment be if the contestant is accompanied by several people and a lots of video, sound and lighting equipment?!

jriems, xdawg and rburly like this.
  12. rburly

"Hey, any idea why the crew is going into the woods with Rob?" :laugh:

Kyhl and xdawg like this.
  13. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

I have heard the same said elsewhere.

xdawg likes this.
  14. rburly

An FYI for people who use Periscope, Entertainment Weekly is doing a Fan Forum Survivor After show. Parvatti Shallow is there, Zeke Smith, Dalton Ross, a writer for EW, a guy who won ANW and Amazing Race as well as the hostess "the hot blonde" during Zeke's season.

xdawg likes this.
  15. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I'm wondering if it was Jessica's plan to make tribal work out the way it did. So did Jessica misread the advantage before giving it to Devon?
    Or did I misunderstand it when she read it? :shh:

In hindsight, it wouldn't have mattered. With Devon's vote, Joe still would have been safe and Allen would have gone home. Seems like a lot of drama for nothing.

xdawg likes this.
  16. xdawg

That was a fairly interesting episode. The new immunity twist had me a bit confused up until the vote though. It ultimately helped out Devin as he didn't get a chance to vote for Joe and thus get Joe mad at him.

jriems likes this.
  17. rburly

She read what she read. Devon couldn't read it until the vote. Instead of being an advantage, it was the opposite. It canceled Devon's vote altogether.

I thought it was an excellent episode in that the production, e.g. the background music, etc. It's a more complicated game it seems to me. I tell ya, if you enjoy the show, watch the full-hour Periscope show and you'll get more out of it. Andrea is so hot! They need to have more to talk about. I realize it was their first scope, but they had an audience (small), but I enjoyed it.

Interesting episode!

xdawg likes this.
  18. GlamorProfession

best episode of the season so far. although i admit i was a bit confused by the secret advantage and was worried that Devon would get voted off.

side note - i would be willing to bet $1000 right now that Cole won't win this game.

xdawg likes this.
  19. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

She specifically said she wanted to use it to help her fellow healers. In the end, it cut down the heroes numbers by one, so she accomplished what she wanted: a fellow healer didn't go home.

My guess is she gave it to Devon so that HE would end up going home - a hustler - so it probably didn't go the way she planned, but she still got what she wanted.

applebonkerz, Kyhl and xdawg like this.
  20. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Joe's just a huge d-bag. I feel really sorry for Ashley, first being targeted immediately by Allen, now being targeted immediately by Joe. With Allen now gone - I'm sure she's happy about that - she unfortunately goes right from the frying pan into the fire. Hopefully, she and Devon can pair up and convince Desi to dump Freakshow Joe.

xdawg, Kyhl and GlamorProfession like this.
  21. GLENN

GLENN Forum Resident

I didn't like the "secret advantage" twist at all. These kind of anti-rewards and production-derived surprises are what have ruined Big Brother, and I really hope Survivor is not going in this direction.

applebonkerz and xdawg like this.
  22. rjp

rjp Senior Member

allen was a bad player from the get-go, no social skills at all, which is odd, as most every pro athlete that has ever been on has done pretty well.

joe's time is short, for sure, unless the producers want to manipulate the show and keep him around as the villein for a while.

right now everyone is still just jockeying for position, it really doesn't get real until the merge to one tribe, those are the real players.

xdawg likes this.
  23. John54

John54 Senior Member

I don't like Joe much either, but he reminds me a lot of Tony who ended up winning a few years ago. I hope history doesn't repeat itself here.

I'm wondering how things work when one player gets a "secret advantage" that they have to pass on to someone else under certain circumstances, like we've seen twice already this season. If it were me, I would probably prefer not to have my tribemates know about this "advantage" that I didn't inform them of. Do the show staff come around and pick it up, when it's convenient for the player? They're probably around a lot more than we see on camera. I presume show staff, who have everything on film, know who's in the know and who isn't, so that they can pick their moment with some discretion.

xdawg likes this.
  24. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

So it WAS an advantage...just not for the person who received it.

Dan

xdawg likes this.
  25. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

Yeah, I was really confused and wonder if the editing when she found it was intentionally misleading. It was obvious when she started reading it that it was not the beginning of the note. But yeah, she did Devon a favor, although it was a rare case where the swing vote seemed pretty open about where he was leaning.

The other benefit from Jessica's perspective: she probably knew that she was forcing a tie and that Joe would play his idol, so she got it out of the game. Nice.

Agreed. Especially because this one required no effort or even observation to find; it was luck of the draw as to who grabbed the right bag of chips. (I knew this was coming as soon as Jeff specified that everyone would have an individual bag of chips before the challenge.) It just turns the game into a crapshoot, and you end up with ridiculous BS like Cirie getting eliminated by default last season, possibly the worst "This is what this game has become?" moments ever. (Not far behind would be two tribes voting one person out, AKA Malcolm's downfall last season.) At least these last for one round and then expire, but they're entirely unnecessary.

I love that Cole is unintentionally becoming the guy who just destroys everybody's games.

xdawg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.