Survivor Season 35: Heroes Vs. Healers Vs. Hustlers

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by xdawg, Sep 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I think we were all surprised when the "advantage" turned into a disadvantage. It created a mental inconsistency between what we saw and what we expected at TC. That switch of "advantage" wasn't what we expected, so it seemed wrong somehow. I agree that changing the expectations of the audience isn't good for the show.

xdawg likes this.
  2. John54

John54 Senior Member

Yeah, that thought -- something hidden clue in one bag of chips -- immediately entered my mind too.

They've done stuff like this before. Or hid a clue in plain sight on a banquet table, for example.

Kyhl and xdawg like this.
  3. rburly

I thought of that during one of the competitions. It would have been hidden on one of the big parts.

xdawg likes this.
  4. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

I immediately told my wife that there was a clue/advantage in one of those bags. If I was a player, I'd start considering every opportunity for the show to plant a clue or advantage.

John54 and Kyhl like this.
  5. rjp

rjp Senior Member

roark instead of chrissie, bad move, roark is much younger and definitely a much better player overall.

13 left, merge to 2 tribes very soon, 4, 4 and 5 isn't going to cut it for the show's drama. i could even see a merge to one tribe from 3 after next week, as they will be down to 12 = 3 finalists, 9 jurors.

xdawg likes this.
  6. rburly

Roark had serial killer eyes to me. Was is just this last episode or did she seem a little scary in her interactions with others, especially at TC? That alone was good reason to vote her off for me. Ol' crazy eyes is gone!

xdawg and Kyhl like this.
  7. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

ha! she did look a little crazy :laugh:

xdawg likes this.
  8. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

I mean, I can't argue that Roark is younger, but Chrissy seems much more savvy to me. Neither one played this round perfectly, but Roark seemed to feel content making the one connection with Ali and expected that to vicariously get Ryan on her side.

xdawg and Kyhl like this.
  9. xdawg

I'm ready for the merge. I'm not a fan of 3 team Survivor. I don't care for Joe, but at least he has a clue about finding hidden immunity idols. Most people seem offended that anyone would even look for one. That always baffled me. I thought the immunity challenge was pretty cool.

Kyhl and rburly like this.
  10. rjp

rjp Senior Member

well, they had a chance to get chrissie out long ago and chose not to....watch out now, i think that lady will go a long way. i look for her to build a very strong women's alliance this season.

the merge was due, and i agree that the 3 team format is not good, just not enough players on the teams.

i look for PJ, cole, ben, joe and devin to go very quickly, probably as the weeks progress and they do not win immunity.

ryan and the sex doctor will last as they are non-threatening.

lots of women left at the end for sure.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    xdawg likes this.
  11. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

yes, that immunity challenge was pretty cool. i hate to see Aly go. i liked her.

John54, xdawg and Kyhl like this.
  12. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Me, too. Probably one of the genuinely nice players to play the game. Of course, that's based on "editor's choice" footage.

xdawg likes this.
  13. xdawg

She was very pretty too!

Texastoyz, Kyhl and rburly like this.
  14. xdawg

Last night's episode was fairly entertaining. That was a great plan by Chrissy to switch votes to Jessica if Joe showed the idol. I thought the immunity challenge was pretty cool too.

Kyhl likes this.
  15. rjp

rjp Senior Member

jessica was stupid vote.....chrissy thinks she is smarter that she is. jessica was harmless, not a threat at all in challenges and easily led somewhere down the road when you needed her.

the right move was splitting the votes between joe and cole....now they are both still there and, as the previews showed, an ongoing problem to everyone.

they can't get rid of joe and cole and chrissy fast enough, unless they really don't care about winning.

and for the record, cole is a pig....he just ate a huge meal and the fool is eating raw cinnamon sticks....something seriously wrong with him, diet wise.

16. rburly

I agree that Jessica was a ho-hum vote off. Why not Cole who was being considered anyway. The night before the merge he was all but out for medical reasons. That may be an issue in upcoming weeks unless CBS gets catered (insert favorite food chain) meals again. That was lame.

17. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

This is a rough season to watch. There's really not much for likeable people on here. However, I must say Chrissy looked pretty hot in that bikini.

Texastoyz and rburly like this.
  18. John54

John54 Senior Member

Chrissy 1, Joe 0. I hope this trend continues.

I think Chrissy's move was to vote off someone, anyone from the other group but not the first or second choice. Jessica made sense.

By the way, at one point the camera fixated briefly on what looked to be a hidden-in-fairly-plain-sight immunity idol package wrapped up under a bundle of sticks at camp, but sticking out a bit. It even got a bit of a spotlight for a couple of seconds. Did anyone else notice that?

xdawg and Texastoyz like this.
  19. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I think those were a bundle of nails. Not sure how you could be taking nails from it & not see a piece of paper but Cole seems a bit dense when it comes to playing this game anyway.

Kyhl likes this.
  20. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

The last of the "EYE Candy" is gone....Nothing to look at now...bummer!

Texastoyz likes this.
  21. rburly

This is where missing dialogue was edited out. It looked like either Joe or Chrissy, but Jessica goes out of the blue. (Sounds I'm not the only person who enjoyed her in that last immunity challenge ;))

It looked like a note folded tightly to be part of the nails with it. They highlighted and stop-motioned it for a second. It'll be back.

22. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Probably next week in fact. If it is a clue to where the idol is, the preview showed people fighting over what is buried right under the camp flag. You would only know to dig there from a clue telling that spot.

rburly likes this.
  23. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

It was clearly an advantage, as there's no way they'd allow an immunity to be presented that out in the open.

rburly likes this.
  24. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I think Jessica was good choice. She was going to vote wherever Cole and Joe told her to vote. Cole and Joe just got weaker. It gives everyone information about how Joe is playing and that can now be used to solidify everyone against him.

xdawg likes this.
  25. John54

John54 Senior Member

Watching tribal council right now.

Once again I think that if I were sitting there and Probst asked me a question about anything at all, I would take the fifth. Most of his questions are to get people to spill the beans, and I would not care to do it.

Either that or answer in total boilerplate.

jriems, xdawg and rburly like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.