Survivor Season 35: Heroes Vs. Healers Vs. Hustlers

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by xdawg, Sep 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

What's-his-name, Cole ?, did just what you said. I sat here thinking, "What kind of drugs do they have there?" And, I agree, Probst's job is to see where everyone stands before the vote. He learned the last few years that sparks fly when he does it.

xdawg likes this.
  2. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

It was an entertaining episode to me.

Kyhl and rburly like this.
  3. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

bummed that Desi is out. she was a strong player, not to mention a really beautiful woman. feels like Cole's and Joe's days are numbered but you never know. i'd like to see them voted out but they do provide some spice to the group so it's a catch 22.

4. rjp

rjp Senior Member

desi was as bad a choice as jessica to vote out.......it just doesn't make any sense at all.

after the tie they KNEW joe didn't have an idol......get rid of him.....NOW!

2 bad vote outs in a row........looks like an all -male show is soon coming, how many girls left?.....3 or 4?

Kyhl and applebonkerz like this.
  5. John54

John54 Senior Member

They definitely should have voted Joe out rather than Desi. I was perplexed ...

xdawg likes this.
  6. rburly

They're voting original tribe people? Maybe that's OK at this point in the game. I also thought they'd send home a bigger threat. If it's the best at the end, I'm fine with that.

Kyhl likes this.
  7. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I think Desi is more likable, smarter, and able to persuade other players to side with her. Joe is his own worst enemy. Drag him along as a goat while removing all of his voting block.

Desi's mistake was the same as Jessica's, aligning with Joe.

stuwee and rburly like this.
  8. rburly

Did Joe play his idol? If so, he's out unless... drama. Craziness takes over and Probst puts a magnifying glass on it in TC. If people are going to give up their game at TC, that's their prerogative. I'd only give vague answers.

Kyhl likes this.
  9. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I thought Joe was out of idols and Ryan got the recent idol under the banner.
    I thought it was interesting that Ryan didn't tell Ben or Chrissy about the idol, at least until next week based on the teaser.

10. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

I suspect Probst poses the same questions to multiple tribe members, but only certain ones are used in the final edit. I recall hearing that tribal councils can often take up to two hours. Only about 10-15 minutes makes it into each episode. There are probably a lot of questions and answers that aren't very revealing. Those don't make the final cut.

I thought I heard Ryan tell Chrissy he got the idol, right before he asked her to cover up the hole he dug.

Kyhl likes this.
  11. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

yes, Chrissy knows that Ryan has the idol that was buried under the sign because he told her to cover up where he had dug. as far as we know, no else knows.

Kyhl likes this.
  12. rburly

Correct. Ryan got the idol when Joe or Ben or whoever went to pee. He and Chrissy were digging, Ryan grabbed it and threw it down his shorts and stood back and watched as the others started digging in a frenzy.

13. John54

John54 Senior Member

Very plausible. If I were there that would be an inordinately long time for me to stonewall.

Kyhl likes this.
  14. rburly

Who wears a sports (suit) jacket on Survivor? Bizarre to me.

stuwee likes this.
  15. John54

John54 Senior Member

Classic dilemma: get rid of the guy who is a threat to win immunity challenges (physical ones at least) or get rid of the guy who is a threat to find a hidden immunity idol at any time. They went with the former. I probably would not have, since it is unlikely that anyone could win several consecutive challenges (although I believe someone once won five in a row).

xdawg likes this.
  16. xdawg

Yeah, Joe is the bigger threat overall. Last season was much better than this one.

17. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

One of the worst seasons in awhile, IMO. What's the next reward challenge going to be. A hot dog to split up between your team of three! Worth playing for?

18. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

I still don't know most of these people's names this far into the season. I was totally lost what was going on at tribal council. The doctor guy tells Joe to trust him and go with what he is going to do at tribal. So I'm guessing the doctor guy was purposely trying to get people upset with him, so the others would vote for him instead of who they were planning. But the doctor guy still cast his vote for the same guy that the rest were gunning for--selfish clueless guy. Doctor guy wastes his idol, makes people more mad at him. Nothing was changed from the same outcome that would have happened if he kept his mouth shut and kept his idol for when he really needed it.

Doctor guy claimed in his interview segment before tribal that he didn't want to go along with the majority and wanted to shake things up instead. So he shook nothing except putting himself in a worse light for the future, and went along with the majority. What was the point?

GLENN, Kyhl, jriems and 2 others like this.
  19. xdawg

That was my takeaway as well.

20. rburly

Joe is still sliding through. It concerns me when somebody like Joe, who works at upsetting people, slides by another week. No, he isn't under the radar, but he wants to take out Ben. That is an ongoing conflict until it's resolved.

Kyhl likes this.
  21. rburly

This is where bad editing, imo, comes in. We've accepted that they're nothing to show us what we need to know before TC, TC this week was a confusing mess. "Just vote the way you're going to" doesn't give us any information. We have no way of knowing what that means. I'll throw that suit-jacket that Dr. Mike wore. That's bizarre. The point is, the editing fell below what I at least expect of Survivor.

22. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i agree about this being the worst season in a long long time.....the best 2 players jessie and desi were voted out, and for basically no apparent reason.

i have never wanted to believe that the producers try to influence the show, but this season has just been so bizzare. and last week, they had a clear opportunity to oust joe (it was a choice between joe and desi, you couldn't vote for anyone else) and they chose desi.....why?

and i believe ti is way too early to worry about who to take tot he final 3, if it is 3, remember there used to be a final 2, and not starting the jury with jessie will make it a jury of 8 (an even number) unless they go to a final 2.

if joe does not go next, there is something very wrong about this whole season.

and if chrissy (who really should have been voted off the first week) wins............it will officially be the worst season ever.

23. rburly

If Joe makes to final 3, I'll be concerned about the integrity of the show. Of course Probst will say "it is what it is," as he usually does at the end of the season. The editing of the show makes it look sketchy, to me.

24. rjp

rjp Senior Member

yes, i agree, and this is the first time i have ever this way.

25. GLENN

GLENN Forum Resident

During last week's episode I literally fell asleep and missed Tribal Council. I think that's a first. Yes, I was tired and still getting over a virus, but I can't imagine that happening in some of the better seasons.

rburly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.