Survivor: Season 37 "David Vs. Goliath"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by xdawg, Sep 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

A+ episode for me tonight

2. rjp

rjp Senior Member

yep, the game is afoot.

much better editing and wordplay between the contestants.

both challenges were very good too.

i think it is going to be a wild finish.

GlamorProfession likes this.
  3. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Maybe this is nitpicking, but if 6 people win 12 pizzas, why not show them eating them? At least one piece...

The editing of the show is questionable, at best, many times.

4. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

yep, that was a good one. i like this mix of players.

5. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

A very similar editing situation on last night's (11/14/2018) episode. No talk whatsoever about splitting the votes between Angelina and John - it was all Angelina talk. So we, the viewers, are once again completely blindsided by the editors.

With that said, the Davids did a bang-up job of putting that blindside of John together. Not only did they send a strong Goliath packing, they got the bonus of flushing a Goliath idol in the process. Given the bad blood between Angelina and Mike, I was not expecting him to follow through with his promise, yet he did.

Mike's the one who spearheaded this entire debacle about targeting Christian, and I hope the rest of the "Six" recognize that fact.

Kyhl likes this.
  6. GlamorProfession

so you want them to tell you everything that's going to happen at tribal? o_O

7. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Of course not. But I like to hear at least some thoughts being discussed about strategy prior to tribal. Sometimes they do that, but the last two tribals we're talking about didn't have even a hint about a potential unanimous vote (last week) or a split vote (this week).

It's all about the edit. And Probst face-time, of course. XD

8. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Yet another very entertaining week and awesome episode. There definitely seems to be more editing deception by willful withholding of some background scheming this season. But this week's tribal results was a really good balance of giving us a little preview of what might happen, with enough details left out that made it a bit more exciting and surprising as the viewer seeing it come together.

xdawg likes this.
  9. GLENN

GLENN Forum Resident

I think they're getting carried away with some of these new idols. What's next, a nullifyer nullifyer?

10. xdawg

I just saw this week's episode tonight. That was an elegant play on the David's and rogue Goliath's.

11. GlamorProfession

two tribals and no idols played! i'm liking this season very much. and it looks wide open at this point.

Kyhl likes this.
  12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

this season has exponentially improved each week. started out horribly slow and now i can't for the next week.

anyone else notice that there are only 3 men left.

13. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

The comment about choosing between the Godfather and Wonder Woman made me laugh. The Godfather title was thrown around a bit earlier with supporting footage however I found myself thinking, where the heck did the WW comment come from? And what are we missing?

It seems like they cut out a lot of Christian's verbal meanderings to keep the audience on his side but I'm not so sure the remaining members feel the same way.

14. GlamorProfession

they could've entitled this episode 'the godfather gets drunk' :)

Kyhl likes this.
  15. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I'm wondering what happened to the Mason-Dixon duo. I haven't seen Nick and Christian get any screen time together in at least a couple weeks. Purposeful editing, or has their alliance dissolved?

Kyhl likes this.
  16. mace

mace Forum Resident

Looks like the River of Tears wants to get her bud Christian out. Not sure what that’s about, but I’m hoping he sticks around to the end.

17. xdawg

I would like to hear the full unedited cut of Christian's "stories" during last night first immunity challenge. I think they would be priceless. That segment really cracked me up :laugh:

DeeThomaz likes this.
  18. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

19. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I'm thinking it has faded. If I remember correctly, Nick was not in on the vote this week.

20. GlamorProfession

the dealer got dealt.
    i really like Gabby but her game play was never going to win it all. i give her credit for wanting to make big plays but her timing and execution was bad.
    Christian survives again! i get the feeling he better win immunity next time though.

Kyhl likes this.
  21. xdawg

Not as great an episode as in previous weeks, but still enjoyable. It looks like Angelina is the dingleberry for the final 3.

Kyhl likes this.
  22. Alert

Alert Forum Resident

I found this weeks episode particularly enjoyable. The Gabby Christian thing was very entertaining. Gabby and Christian have been very tight, practically a couple. On the alliance/voter spectrum they've been well positioned so far.

It struck me that when Gabby saw Christian with hisreal-world girlfriend something clicked in her head. Maybe she was too invested in her role as Christians "partner," maybe it was jealousy -- who knows? But immediately after the challenge done in the presence of the friends and relatives, she radically changes her plan.

She no longer wants to be with Christian, in fact, she no longer wants him in the game. She presents a strong rationale for her betrayal and -- for the first time all season -- presents an entirely new Gabby: all business.

Of course she miscalculates badly -- fatally! -- because her decision wasn't based upon cold, hard strategic calculation (as she insisted) it was apparently based on emotion.

You don't win that way.

Gabby, welcome to the jury.

23. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Gabby and Elizabeth both come off pretty good in their Ponderosa videos-- I found them both to be much more likable after seeing those.

24. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

disagree. she knew that she had no chance to win as a sidekick to Christian, and knew that time is running out to make a move (Christian would probably use the idol soon regardless and hes a comp threat anyway) this might've been her only shot to blindside him and she took it, the mistake was telling too many people, I think the family visit probably gave her a fresh look at things but I think it was the opposite of emotional

25. GlamorProfession

well, with Christian out that takes a lot of steam out of the finale....sigh

Jamey K, Craig and xdawg like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.