Suspicious George Harrison CD auction

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ascot, Jul 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ascot

ascot Senior Member Thread Starter

Take a look at this eBay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2544410280

The labels look all too much like those in the label threads here. Are these the infamous Russian discs I've heard about?

Some of the seller's other items are also of a suspicious nature, like the McCartney discs. Those are custom McCartney labels I've never seen before and the tray cards look like the UK Remaster series with the legal wording removed.

2. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

3. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Geez, they did not even get the "Apple" text squarely under the fake apple logo. Boot Boot Boot!!!

4. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

CDRs for sure...Travelling Wilburys have never all been compiled in one package! :eek:

5. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

The disc says:
    "Under License by Russian Author Society"

The magnifier function in Windows (Accessibility Functions) is great for these sort of things. I've been using it a lot on ebay to figure out if MFSL discs for auction are UD1 or UD2.

6. SteveSDCA

SteveSDCA Senior Member

....and the first hundred buyers get a free vodka!!!

7. Beatle Terr

Beatle Terr Super Senior SH Forum Member Musician & Guitarist

I have done business with this seller. His name is Jerry, he's super and so is most of his merchandise for the money. Not all of the Russian Beatles are of the 2 fer CD's with the wood chunk cover that has 2 LP covers on them.

There are other single verison Russian CD's that again are of great quality and have some very nice packaging but somewhat different or if not better than other released stuff by Apple/EMI/Capitol...

I don't know how these CD's are obtained but they are not CD-R's these are factory made. I don't think you'd be too disapointed in the music you would get or the quality for the money. I however do not know of the legal origin's if any of these. All I know is that I own a few of them and they are very nice. The seller as I said is also top notch as I'm sure you can see in his feedback from his thousand plus customers. So if there was something you were looking for like that CD or other's he has you won't be dissapointed this I'm sure.

Now guys I'm not saying there DCC's or MSFL's either but they are still very nice for the money that you might only pay. This you can TRUST me on.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

8. JWB

JWB New Member

All of those discs are on CD Maximum.

CD Maximum is a "legit" Russian label!

All of their discs are factory pressed. They're not CD-R's!

To my knowledge, they have released:

- Unsurpassed Masters Vol. 1-7
    - Beatles two-fers, legit and bootleg
    - solo Beatles two-fers

I don't know about the sound quality on the legit stuff, but the "Unsurpassed Masters" discs are clones of the Yellow Dog originals...including extra artwork!

I only paid a couple of bucks for each volume.

9. Beatle Terr

Beatle Terr Super Senior SH Forum Member Musician & Guitarist

JWB as I stated honestly they are all that good. The only problem with the 2 fer's is that they are not all the correct mixes taken from the LP's that they say they are. Mostly these would just be the US LP's except for HELP versions and the A Hard Day's Night versions. Also the Hey Jude and Rarities are correct.

I do like them though for there sound quality is good. Plus the other nice features are the bonus tracks that can be hard to find or also just sound better then versions that you may have heard them on bootlegs before.

The White Album that is in the Wooden set has about 25 extra tracks that are either White outakes or excellent sounding versions from the Get Back sessions.

You must admit the packaging and the new artwork on these are (I gotta say it) STUNNING!!!!!!:D :D :D :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.