Suspiria 4K Restoration Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MadMelMon, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walt

Walt Forum Resident

I just pre-ordered the single disc version from Amazon (gotta watch the budget). I'm looking forward to listening to my friend Troy Howarth's audio commentary! Troy and I met in college right when DVD was coming out. Troy introduced me to SUSPIRIA, which makes this an extra-special treat!

woody and realkilroy like this.
  2. realkilroy

realkilroy Forum Resident

The special edition is now ~27$ on Amazon, just 3$ more then the single disc one. I think it's almost a reasonable price, so I pre-ordered it.

3. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

Vincent is an employee of Synapse? I never knew that. I assumed Synapse was Don May's show.

Or are you just guessing because Vincent has an informed opinion that doesn't match your own?

4. Endymion

Endymion Forum Resident

Vincent may be technically not an employee of Synapse but he's working for Synapse and with Synapse. His name is even in the booklet of Suspiria.

5. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

As for me, I know a guy with a 35mm Technicolor US print of Suspiria and have seen it projected many times. (Ok, so it's not Italian, but still, it's no fade unlike the Italian print that has been circulating which has significantly faded.) I'm certain Don May would have referenced one of these US prints as there are several available. I saw the Synapse transfer and while I couldn't A/B them back to back, I certainly didn't see any noticeable difference that stuck out as an error. The Synapse restoration looks beautiful, and fans know that Don May is seriously obsessive about quality.

Note: I don't work for Don May/Synapse nor do I know him or Vincent personally. I just know what my eyes see. :)

6. Cooks420

Cooks420 Forum Resident

Has anyone compared the UHD disc against the Synapse BR release?

7. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam

Still need to pick this up. The only store I found the Blu-Ray in wanted $40 for it, so I'd like to find it a BIT less than that. :)

8. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

9. Graham

Graham Senior Member

4K reissue of Synapse blu (which includes the blu as well).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.