Suzy Parker

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ere, May 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ere

Ere Senior Member Thread Starter

[​IMG]
    Former model-actress Suzy Parker, one of the most recognizable faces of the 1950s and a forerunner of the supermodel, shown in this 1965 file photo, has died. She was 69. Parker, known in later life as Suzy Parker Dillman, died on Saturday night, May 3, 2003, at her home in Montecito, Calif., according to her stepdaughter, Pamela Dillman Harmon. Parker, known for her full, red hair and beautiful bone structure, was the signature face for designer Coco Chanel. Author Eleanor Dwight, in her 2002 biography ``Diana Vreeland,'' about the famed fashion editor who gave Parker her start, said Parker was ``the'' model of the 1950s. She was at one time the highest paid model, earning $200 an hour. (AP Photo/File)

Anyone familiar with the Richard Avedon's fashion photography will no doubt remember her:love: R.I.P.

Ere

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

She had a short film career as well if I remember correctly.

$200.00 an hour was a heck of a lot of money in the 1950's (it still is!)

3. Claviusb

Claviusb A Serious Man

She married Bradford Dillman and was in episodes of The Twilight Zone, Night Gallery, Burke's Law (twice!) and Dr. Kildare. She also did a handfull of B movies, as Steve noted.

4. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

To bring(yet ANOTHER)Beatles aspect to this thread, Paul and Ringo did a loose jam during the Get Back/Let It Be sessions called "Suzy Parker"; I must be somewhat young, as I never realised there was a reall lady of that name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.