Syfy's 'Z Nation' TV Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AVTechMan, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beatmusicfan

Beatmusicfan Forum Resident

Breaking the group into smaller groups or solo tangents really hurt the show last season. I hope that the group (whatever is left of them) continues their exploits as a larger unit.

Daryl M likes this.
  2. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

I gave up in the middle of S03 - got too stupid for my taste.

3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Somebody must like it as it's on Season four now.

4. alexpop

The three wise zombies and a camel episode was a inspired piece of writing.

5. alexpop

What's the viewing figures for
    Z NaTiOn ?

6. alexpop

Season 4 stilling running.
    Any good ?

7. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

Annoyingly not as good as it was, although Citizen Z might be making a comeback

Kyhl and alexpop like this.
  8. alexpop

He was ok I thought.

9. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

Last episode was really boring, similar to the deja vu episode from a few seasons ago.

As for the rest of the season, its ok, nothing fantastic. The show is certainly not as good as it was, Murphy has changed, Warren is a little aimless, 10k doesn't have the same enthusiasm for killing Z's and Doc is still Doc.

Saying that, I will watch until its cancelled.

alexpop likes this.
  10. alexpop

Ain't that always the way. :)

11. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

Yea haha, I will probably end up hate watching the walking dead until it's cancelled (I much prefer Z Nation).

Cliff likes this.
  12. alexpop

Z Nation more potential and half the budget.

13. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

This season has been stinking it up. The wit is gone. The humor is gone. At first I thought it was because the core group was separated but it still isn't working now that they are mostly back together.
    The Z of the week is gone. I loved that they had original Z's or kills of the week but this season has been a complete miss. The shooting gallery super Z a couple weeks ago came close but it still lacked something.
    I'm "probably" done with this one and hope they come back to form next season. Giving them one more episode, or partial episode before I stick a fork in it.

14. I'm enjoying this season so far. I like the notion of the Super Z (that don't die with a blow to the brain) and it certainly will shake things up.

15. marmalade166

This is it for me. I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons, and even the third and that was to a great part because of the humour in the show (only last 1 and a half seasons of Walking Dead partly because it is so po-faced)

That said I'll be sticking with it, hoping they bring some of the wackiness back

16. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

I watched S1-S3 earlier this year. I've yet to watch the current episodes due to other things occupying my time. But I really liked it. Corny, cheesy and somewhat stupid at times. Just what I like.

marmalade166 likes this.
  17. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

I'm glad that the cast is back together (for the most part). As long as Doc is around
    I will continue to tune in. And I do like that newest character, the military girl and
    her tank.......top.

Gumboo likes this.
  18. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

I watched the show after missing 2? seasons. Nice to see a couple of original characters like Doc still around. There was a lot of mourning for some lady with a blue aging face I didn’t recognize. Murphy looks normal, I don’t know what happened. The two-in-one grafted “zombie” was cool— this is the kind of different approach and writing that Ive always liked about the show.

19. alexpop

Unpretentious fun zany show.

20. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

Just wondering what others thought about the two hour season finale last night.
    (It has also just been renewed for a season 5).
    Thought these two hours were not only the best of the season, but probably the
    best of the series. Lots of action, a logical and fascinating explanation for
    Warren's "Black Rainbow" visions, and some of the best humor of the series,
    especially jokes about the government when they got to Washington DC. (No spoilers
    yet...).
    Favorite line: when zombies were being thrown over a railing from the floor above
    them 10K says "Hey, who's chucking zombies?". I laughed out loud......

21. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

I love that the rolling cheese wheel was referenced again in the season finally. One of may favorite moments in the series (as a Katamari Damacy fan).

Kyhl likes this.
  22. marmalade166

I'm confused, seeing as Warren realised that she'd been conned, why was she still putting the gas into the drone?

23. Thought this was a very good season, and the two hour finale was very well done.

sixtiesstereo likes this.
  24. Beatmusicfan

Beatmusicfan Forum Resident

Overall, I thought that this season was an improvement over the last. That being said, I didn't like what they did with the character of Warren. They made her into something of a superhero with the Route 66 sign/shield, platinum blonde hair and subconscious mission that she and the others couldn't comprehend. The season finale made her story arc pay off decently, but I prefer the old Warren - a leader with level headedness and bad-assery on a more realistic level.

There were a couple bad episodes like The Juggalos (ep. 7)(worst ever IMO) and the Frenemies/barbershop (ep. 10), which I couldn't wait to end. But those were overcome with the Church/miracles episode (ep. 8) and the Television News Station (ep. 9) (my favorite of all four seasons). I enjoyed the humor in the dialogue of the Government bunker episode (ep. 12). Funniest episode ever!

Going into season five, I hope that the powers that be will disclose what has become of Addy, Red and Sun Mei. To show them briefly for the premiere and then no mention or hint of what happened to them for the rest of the season was half-assed. If the characters are dead, then say so, the others can then mourn and move on. 10K is holding out hope for Red, but is it all for naught? Who the hell knows? Certainly not the viewing audience!!

I find the show more entertaining than Walking Dead or Fear the Walking Dead and would love to see it get a longer season with more consistent scripts.

25. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Just read that S04 was meant to
    post to Netflix on 1 Feb. , not there,
    WUWT?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.