T.H.E. Show Newport and LAAS

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by wes4usc, Feb 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wes4usc

wes4usc Forum Resident Thread Starter

Did anyone else notice that T.H.E. Show Newport, which was cancelled in 9/2017, is back and scheduled for 6/1 - 6/3/2018 at the Marriott Spectrum in Irvine, CA.

I checked and the LA Audio Show has moved to Irvine and is being held on 6/8 - 6/10/2018 at the Hilton Irvine Hotel in Irvine, CA !

Wow, one week and 8 miles / 12 minutes by freeway apart.

2. DPM

DPM Senior Member

I saw that the LA Audio Show moved back to the old site across from John Wayne Airport, but the return of T.H.E. Show Newport is news to my ears.

Why is it that the two factions behind these two shows can't bury whatever hatchet needs burying and combine their efforts? This situation is a bit ridiculous.

3. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Something has to give here - this will not work.

4. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

The LA Audio Show is the only real LA show.

5. I knew the LA Audio show moved back to the old location of T.H.E Show, and thought maybe they had worked something out.

I can't find anything about T.H.E Show for 2018 yet? :confused:

6. wes4usc

7. wes4usc

Interesting that both shows are in Irvine and not Newport Beach or LA.

I live in Orange County, so it works for me.

I guess for the exhibitors, they don't have to ship their equipment / merchandise twice. Also, I guess no one will be selling their demo equipment after the 1st weekend.

8. Monsieur Gadbois

Monsieur Gadbois Senior Member

Why would the exhibitors want to pay the exhibition fee at the same city in succession?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  9. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Forum Resident

Exhibitors are not happy with having two shows a week apart in one city.

10. Absolutely no details yet. Wonder if it will actually get off the ground or if it will collapse again like last year?

11. Clay B

Clay B Forum Resident

I can't agree more. I can't imagine that the manufacturers will not be twisting arms behind the scene. A disaster scenario for one or both. And if I recall correctly those involved in both shows used to work so well together. Amazing.

12. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

T.H.E. Show people are pushing it man, and I don't like to get hassled. Anyhoo, they had better food trucks at T.H.E. Show a couple of years ago.

13. Anybody hear any updates?

Trying to lay out my schedule to see if I could attend, but no clue as to which show (week) I would go. :confused:

14. martinb4

martinb4 Forum Resident

Does someone know where to find the exhibitor list for either show? Can't find one on either site and it's not like it's too far away. My guess is a lot of brands might likely do one or the other., this doesn't feel like it's going to be a success for anyone.

15. martinb4

martinb4 Forum Resident

Looks like LAAS was cancelled but really, two shows in two weeks did seem like the worst for everyone.

16. DPM

DPM Senior Member

17. Clay B

Clay B Forum Resident

Unless exhibitors start coming onboard fast, I can't see bothering to attend given the list so far. Nothing wrong with those exhibiting at all, it's just there are not nearly enough IMO.

hi_watt and martinb4 like this.
  18. martinb4

martinb4 Forum Resident

You weren’t kidding.

19. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

Exactly! I was wondering about even attending at all with a list that small. I just feel that my attendance now is all about supporting what we have (or have left) for audio shows in Southern California.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.