T.H.E. Show - Newport Beach 2015, high-end stereo show, on right now!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by DPM, May 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kfringe

kfringe Well-Known Member

Just so you folks know, the current plan has @raferx heading down to Irvine to help cover the show for The Audio Traveler. He's been killing it with his coverage of the Vancouver Show -- which you should read! -- so we're pretty happy that he's agreed to get on board for this monster.

2. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

Was one of the easiest decisions I've ever made.
    Looking forward to meeting a ton of amazing people down there and I'll have Malachi to help guide me.
    Doesn't get much better than that.
    Thanks again Malachi!

Raylinds and vinyl anachronist like this.
  3. kfringe

Save the thanks until afterwards. You may change your mind about the whole good/bad thing.

raferx and vinyl anachronist like this.
  4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I'll see you in the AN room with Dave Cope and Warren Jarrett...

Raylinds and raferx like this.
  5. vinyl anachronist

vinyl anachronist Senior Member

I'll be in room 1015, neighbor. I'll stop by and introduce myself. I've always loved Audio Note.

David Cope likes this.
  6. kfringe

Maybe I'll even meet you this time, but I suspect that Rafe is going to sucker punch me before he lets me cover Warren's rom.

raferx likes this.
  7. kfringe

This show looks to be the heaviest on Audio Note that I've seen. I think there are at least three rooms in which AN figures prominently. It's too bad you went over to the Dark Side of the industry, or you could fight Rafe for dibs on coverage.

vinyl anachronist and raferx like this.
  8. Steve Hoffman

Warren doesn't have a room this year. He will be in the actual Audio Note UK room.

9. kfringe

I'd assumed that he was in with Music First and Triangle Art.

Good for Warren. Maybe he'll actually get to eat lunch this year.

10. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

Looking forward to it Steve, and I'll be able to buy Warren the beer I promised him months ago.

11. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

I may have some reach on you, but I figure you to be a cagey fighter, so I'll be wary about getting in close.

Raylinds likes this.
  12. Steve Hoffman

Warren was here borrowing my M6, TT2, etc. for the AN room and I told him you were going to be at Newport. He's looking forward to it.

raferx likes this.
  13. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

That's so awesome. Can't wait. Thanks for passing that info along Steve. Cheers my friend.

Steve Hoffman likes this.
  14. shaizada

shaizada Forum Resident

I'll be there as well...I'm helping to arrange part of the SHOW. I'll be helping Dan Meinwald at the EAR USA room (EAR V12, Marten Duke 2, EAR 324 Phonostage). I'll also be producing the Digital Streaming seminar for the Audio University.

Looking forward to seeing fellow enthusiasts!

kfringe, raferx and econalan like this.
  15. econalan

econalan Forum Resident

I was fortunate to listen to the equipment that will be in the EAR USA room with @shaizada last weekend. I will just say that folks should definitely make an effort to stop by this room for a listen. I was floored by the sound of these little 2-way monitor Duke 2s.

16. DPM

DPM Senior Member Thread Starter

I've arrived for my extended audiophile overdose weekend. A show guide is here waiting to be explored, and I managed to get a quick peak at one of the rooms in the lobby.

First item on my "to do" list for Friday is to hit the vendor rooms. I want to pick up the Mobile Fidelity Miles Davis SACD that just came out. I believe there is also a new Mingus SACD from Analogue Productions. Of course, I will also be scoping out the vinyl.

I'll probably post pictures as the weekend winds on.

kfringe, MikeJedi and GoldprintAudio like this.
  17. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident

If you get a chance, stop by the Alta Audio room. Believe that they will have the FRM-2/Celesta's there. Those speakers are pretty amazing!

18. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

The wife and I will be there , I will be going one day and wifey will be there with me the other day. I think that's about all she can take. It's understandable these things can be overwhelming ! The last show we went to was Rocky Mountain a few years. Sick snd a Vegas THE show a few years before that .. But I suspect this newport show will be much better than the Vegas one (I live in Vegas , it was small and they don't do them anymore) and it will probably have some vendors that aren't at Rocky Mountain. Plus it's fun to shop the marketplace and see the gear even if I don't buy anything !

19. DPM

DPM Senior Member Thread Starter

I just perused T.H.E. Show guide. Jeez, this event is huge this year. There's no way I'll be able to see/hear everything. I do want to attend a couple of the seminars. I also want to catch more of the live music events. Since I'm not really in the market for any gear I should be able to make this show more of an all-around affair instead of just jumping from room to room to hear sound systems.

20. The vinyl room: Lounge Audio in the foreground with Acoustic Sounds in the background.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  21. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

I wonder if that Lounge phono stage will sound better with my AT440mla than my little Parasound Zphono with my sl1200...(the Parasound is no slouch). no wonder my wife told me these shows are dangerous for my wallet .. lololo.. It is supposed to be a ginat killer though .. this new Lounge piece... hmmmm lol

22. kfringe

Yes.

23. Steve Hoffman

I'll be at T.H.E. Show on Sat (tomorrow), hope to see some of you there. I'll be hanging out at the official Audio Note (UK) Ltd room (1010 run by David Cope) and on the 12th floor with Bill Leebens at PS Audio and I'll be roaming around listening to the great sounds and sights. For great show coverage, check out Steven R. Rochlin and his always amazing coverage here: http://www.enjoythemusic.com/THE_Show_Newport_2015/

So I hope to see some of you at the show. I'll be there tomorrow at opening and I'll be around all day and possibly Sunday, depending on the exhaustion factor... If you come to the show, WEAR COMFY SHOES! I must stress this again, wear comfy shoes. It's the only way to survive. Forget about looks, just take care of your feet, a lot of walking will be done..

Scott J, MikeJedi and hi_watt like this.
  24. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

Man, I wish I had planned to go this year- I should try for next year. Have fun everyone, and I look forward to your comments.

25. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Something like this is needed in the Northeast. Brooklyn and Montreal don't lend themselves to spur of the moment travel. I'm sure that people in the Southeast feel the same way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.