T3 coming on DVD...ALREADY!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Dave D, Aug 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave D

Dave D Done! Thread Starter

2. rjp

rjp Senior Member

that sure don't waste time anymore do they.

3. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I'll pick this one up just to have that Crane Chase scene for my HT.

Should sound awesome with 2 subs going. Now if I can just finally decide on which Digital HDTV to buy!

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

and most likely be followed by 2 more editions...Super Ultimate, Mega Ultimate...:laugh: It's on the want list! Didn't see it in the movies...

5. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

It really is a great popcorn movie, fairly brainless, very noisy, but loads of fun....I was pleasantly surprised, even down to the fairly dark ending which was pretty much foretold from the beginning....hope they add plenty of extras, maybe even explain why Jim Cameron decided not to involve himself in this, since the story is essentially his....

That crane sequence is arguably more enjoyable than that interminable freeway thing in MATRIX RELOADED, which of course I'll also pick up the moment it's out....only there, it's too much of everything, with T3 the producers and director seemed to know when to stop and start something, the pace makes sense....

Well, it'll keep the neighbors honest, anyway....:D

ED:cool:

6. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

Re: Re: T3 coming on DVD...ALREADY!

No kidding, Michael ;) If it does happen, I'll own 3 different copies just like T2! What a scam :laugh:

7. Clay

Clay Forum Resident

A direct view will look the best and last the longest.
    My Sony KV34XBR is totally awesome and weighs 200lbs.

I always buy Sony's. I did get a Panasonic 27" once due to better blacks, yet the Sony is the TV for me on all future purchases.

The new DLP projectors are really cool and I was thinking of getting one for larger than life viewing on a screen or white wall.

I sure hope they come out with T4 and T5. It's just Arnold may be getting too old for all the stunts and he may be too busy in his new job. It would not be Terminator without Arnold for me.

8. Michael

Re: Re: Re: T3 coming on DVD...ALREADY!

No Kidding Cliff, Can you believe it?:laugh: At least you suppy the lube when they stick it to ya...Bravo! Enjoy your upcoming copies;):thumbsup:

9. Michael

Yea me too, I love those "brainless" fun movies...I love them even more when I can purchase the DVD a few months later for less than a family night at the Movies!, plus the Pop Corn is cheaper! and ya can't beat the view...:thumbsup:

10. JohnG

Nah. no SONY for me...there largest Direct View TV is the 40"er and its a beast at over 300lbs.....obsolete these days.....plus SONY's Rear Projection TV's stink.....flickering problems that have driven owner nuts...try to have a SONY repaired when it weighs over 200lbs....check out the Consumer Video Web Sites....not many SONY fans left these days.

Now this will be my future HDTV...future-proof and all digital....ready for HD TV broadcasts when they become the norm.

[​IMG]

This baby weighs less than 100lbs and just needs its 120w bulb replaced every few years and its as good as new (anyone can replace the bulb).;)

11. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Ed: Your phrase "popcorn movie" is perfect for this genre. A very enjoyable couple of hours in the theatre, if you suspend reality.

12. Michael

The "critics" have been using that term along with every major DVD reviewer...for years and years...:D :cool:

13. Michael

Do you have a make and model number of this wonderful set? Thanks...

14. JohnG

That one in the photo is the Samsung HLN507W available at all Circuit City's and some BestBuy's.

T3 was an enjoyable Popcorn flick all right! Surprising it didn't do better at the box office. Guess they let the franchise sit around too long.

I loved the very 70's ending. Almost took me back to a Planet Of the Apes scary realization ending. Spooky!

15. Michael

Thanks John:)

16. RDK

RDK Active Member

Once a film's out of the theaters these days it doesn't pay to wait. DVD sales will fetch far more than pay TV or network sales these days, and advertising isn't as costly since the film is still fresh in people's minds.

17. Michael

and we benefit immensely from it! In Price and quality...Like Music, Video has come full circle...:thumbsup: Did you ever dream of owning a clone of your favorite album for 50 cents or less? Right On!

18. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Still, you gotta think the box office fell faster than anticipated for something like this to be issued so relatively quickly. Wonder how the overseas BO was...these sort of films tend to do well worldwide regardless of how they're received in the US. But provided they offer the requisite extras, should be a great rush! The sound in the theater I saw it in was awesome, loud but not relentlessly noisy. The director also knew when to slow things down, relax a bit, before the next big scene.

ED:cool:

19. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

Here ya go Ed:

http://www.pazsaz.com/wldfilms.html

It's #63 Box Office of all time. Probably not as good as they had hoped though.

20. Dave D

Dave D Done! Thread Starter

True......remember when it seemed like years before a video release?
    Finding Nemo, which just beat the Lion King for biggest animated movie of all time, should be out by xmas....wham, bam, thank you mam!

21. RDK

RDK Active Member

From the last figures I saw, foreign on T3 is around $250 million. Yeah, Ed, I'm sure they were hoping for more (they always are), but overall it's not bad. And remember, the film is still playing.

22. RDK

RDK Active Member

Michael, I'm not sure what you mean by this. Regarding the "50 cents" line, it sounds like you're talking about illegal burning, but we are talking about the official T3 DVD release, right? :confused:

23. RDK

RDK Active Member

Besides, Nov. 11th is still over two months away. I'm sure they also wanted to get it out before the X-mas buying season...

24. Michael

I was referring to CDR's with the 50 cents bit.:thumbsup: I only buy official studio DVD releases...our family spends many hours together watching DVD's...We're looking forward the T-3 DVD release! :):thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.