Talking Heads to reform ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by culabula, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

I was gonna see if I could find a source for that but I don't really wanna google 'baby *****'.

2. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

There is better chance of getting Peace in the Middle East and people to share land to coexist together without wanting to kill each other, than a Talking Heads Reunion, which is too bad as Talking Heads might be my #1 Favorite Music Artist(Group).

Although, honestly, at their current ages, even if they were to get into the studio together to record a new album, not sure if it would have been worth the wait anyways. Although, some older artists(Magazine, Wire, Gang of Four, The Cars, etc.) have reformed to put out good or average albums, even though these bands did not reform with all of their original members. And older Music Artists, who never went away(Morrissey, Nick Cave, Paul Weller to name a few), have put out good albums at their current ages, so not saying it cannot be done if the Talking Heads got back together(although wonder how long they can spend in the studio recording before fights break out which is why The Police got together for a Reunion Tour but not to record a new album), but Byrne always(or along with Brian Eno for 2nd-4th albums) was the main creator of the band's music(not sure if Jerry Harrison had any song writing credits, but he is very capable, as love his Solo Albums and certainly Chris & Tina wrote some good songs as the Tom Tom Club, although no idea if they would have any new music creative ideas to offer).

If Talking Heads would reform to make another album, but not able to offer anything new musically;
    As David Byrne once said in a TH Song, "Say something once, why say it again?"

PsychedelicWheelz likes this.
  3. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Won't happen. No one needs the cash (Chris and Tina are credited songwriters on Psycho Killer among others, and Wordy Rappinghood would've been a huge seller, so a good cash generator), and watching the Rock n Roll Hall Of Fame induction footage of them playing together is one of the most soul-destroying things I've done. They're an absolute favourite band, but I admire them most for not giving in to the reunion craze.

4. Klassik

Klassik Guerilla BeatLOLogist

I dunno. The band were ALWAYS talking about Byrne in less than loving terms on occasion. I remember a Weymouth slagging he got that preceded Little Creatures.
    Byrne himself knows he was never less than difficult to get on with. This is one band who would get together because the music called them to do it, not because of any backslapping.
    I can see it happening anytime.

5. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

What the hell does that mean? Smooth as is usually referred to as no hair. But seems you mean something else, no?

6. Klassik

Klassik Guerilla BeatLOLogist

As several observers have said, what could spark a reunion would be a project, perhaps one where Byrne is more interested in an art context and leaves musical direction to Tom Tom Club while concentrating on something else. But that's not to say that there are any musical difficulties. Byrne's worst comment on that that they're 'musically miles apart' is hardly an impediment, given the range of musics he's explored. And Wymouth's worst comment, that Byrne is 'incapable of returning friendship' hardly sounds like something that was new in the dynamic. He's what he is and that was part of if not the major part of the band dynamic. So it's a project that would bring them together and it would be less a reunion than a new phase.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  7. Sprocket Henry

Sprocket Henry Forum Resident

I presume that's a reference to a Ken Doll groin.

8. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Just a mean thing to say as a joke, ok I get it, I'm slow sometimes. Thx

9. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Like this Doll of Byrne?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    Sprocket Henry and Dudley Morris like this.
  10. The7thStranger

The7thStranger Part of the Rhythm Nation

It wouldn't happen. And to be honest, I don't want it to. I just want another Tom Tom Club record.

11. FriendlyAlien

FriendlyAlien Forum Resident

Mediamass is a spoof website.

Note the regular update - This story seem to be false.
    Marc Anthony, new Studio Album and Tour in 2017?
    Marc Anthony Nude Photos Leaked Online

12. Mr Olsen

Mr Olsen Granddanois

I just watched the Talking Heads Hall of Fame introduction for the first time. Uncomfortable viewing. Byrne keeping a low profile and looking like he would rather be somewhere else than up on stage during Tina Weymouths speech.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.