Taschen Books

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Gill-man, Aug 10, 2018.

1. The stand is fixed and not adjustable.

[​IMG]

Wes Moynihan likes this.
  2. Wes Moynihan

Wes Moynihan Active Member

Thanks very much Mazza. It's a lovely piece of kit, and the kind of solution I need to finally read my copy of Tim Lucas' mammoth Mario Bava tome, All the Colors of the Dark.

Walt likes this.
  3. Dave B

Dave B Senior Member

I own the huge Capitol Records book. It's a beautiful book but it's so large you really need a table to read it on.

4. Taschen put out an oversize volume on Tom of Finland where the slipcase folded into a rough and ready (how appropriate) bookstand.
    [​IMG]

5. Why so excited over pictures of a set in a film studio?:hide:

JeffreyB likes this.
  6. Wes Moynihan

Dudley, somewhat off-topic of sorts but seeing your avatar, I wonder did you pick up the Peter Christopherson Photography book ? I almost pulled the trigger on it earlier today but the asking price is a tad high. But as a life long TG listener, I ought to have this book...

7. I didn't for largely the same reason - the reprint is at least more affordable, but still not cheap. To pull or not to pull the trigger before it's gone too...

8. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Forum Resident

No one will be curling up with that one for a bedtime read. Unless they want to wind up as the subject of a headline along the lines of "Man meets grisly end in freak accident", which might be fitting given the subject of the book.

Wes Moynihan likes this.
  9. vivresavie

vivresavie Forum Resident

I hope the will reissue André de Dienes' Marilyn book in coffeetable size. All editions went OOP before I could purchase it. I only have these two so far:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Mr Bass

Mr Bass Chevelle Ma Belle

I have 6 Taschen books. This little heavy soft cover is quite interesting and inexpensive: Eccentric Style by Deidi von Schaewen

[​IMG]

11. Uther

Uther Forum Resident

This is the only one I have:

[​IMG]

12. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Forum Resident

I have a few of their books. A very interesting and off beat publisher.

I bought a little 3D book of 1950’s and 70’s topless pinups for a Gag gift to take to a White Elephant Party. All the models were quite busty and “glamorous” the guy who got it was really happy and wouldn’t trade it for anything. :)

13. Wes Moynihan

The Dylan book looks very interesting I must say, and while the chronology doesn't quite dovetail, I'd enjoy leafing thru this to the accompaniment of one of the shows from the Live 66 boxset...

[​IMG]