Tears for Fears-Songs from the Big Chair-Nov.4 Boxset

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by peterzac, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. humanracer

humanracer Forum Resident

Thanks for pointing that out..fixed now

2. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

Does anyone have the US Arista promo that went out just prior to the album being shelved for a few months and then moved over to Universal? I wonder if the mastering is different on that?
    Tears For Fears - Everybody Loves A Happy Ending (Album Advance)

There are both US and UK promos on Arista, and even a red double vinyl promo. None of the images on Discogs show any mastering credits though. I know sometimes promos are "unmastered."

3. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

There was an unmastered version of the album floating around, I think... although I haven't heard it and have no idea where it came from!

4. Mateo Sanboval

Mateo Sanboval For me, the action is the juice.

Wait, an unmastered ELAHE or an unmastered Gold? Or something else entirely?

5. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

You know you are "jonesing" for new TFF product when you go back and start Rereading a 36 page thread about a previous boxset release.... :help:

Makes me want to pull it off the shelf again though! :righton:

JulesRules likes this.
  6. JulesRules

ELAHE. It was on a blog that disappeared, IIRC. I doubt you'll find much evidence of it any more. Some TFF nut might know more about it...

Mateo Sanboval likes this.
  7. JulesRules

ELAHE. It was on a blog that disappeared, IIRC. I doubt you'll find much evidence of it any more. Some TFF nut might know more about it...

8. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

I thought we were the TFF nuts!

I'd like to hear more about this version of ELAHE, it does sound fatiguing on the ears.

JeffMo, Mateo Sanboval and JulesRules like this.
  9. humanracer

10. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

We are, but Jules apparently is more into Status Quo these days....

:D

JulesRules likes this.
  11. humanracer

UK tour postponed until 2019..wonder if Roland was trying to do too much too soon.
    Tears For Fears

12. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Has Roland himself had some health problems recently? The cancellations last year were due to Roland's wife, correct?

13. JannL

JannL Forum Resident

This is what he said in an interview after the Royal Albert Hall concert about his grief and working. The interview was put out in January, but it appears the interview was done in late 2017. The interview was posted above by someone else.

"Work is catharsis. It takes his mind of things. It gives him the chance to focus. “There’s no question about it. I don’t know what I would be doing if not this. What else would I be doing? It’s good to be forced to stay in the present time.”

Tears For Fears talks ahead of their gig at Arena Birmingham

enro99 likes this.
  14. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

There new cd will be out in the fall I read.

15. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

The Seeds of Love by Steven Wilson i suppose. What stinks is that i've been told that its already done, but their not releasing it yet.

16. Mirrorblade.1

It's new cd of new material.. it's talked about from roland and curt..
    I wouldn't hope for much with seeds of love go to www. memoriesfade.com

17. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

The Seeds of Love box is absolutely done. I have no idea why Universal isn't releasing it. I think the SFTBC box was considered a huge success, so I'm not sure why they didn't jump on the momentum of that when they had the chance.

The talk of music coming this fall in recent interviews is definitely a new album, tentatively titled "The Tipping Point."

JulesRules likes this.
  18. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

I thought they were holding the Seeds SDE until after the new album came out. Supposedly, it was a decision of the band.

MikeManaic61 and morgan1098 like this.
  19. Mirrorblade.1

I know whole story with seeds of love..
    What I read there probably are no demos or outtakes.. etc.
    Just what I seen on memories fades..

20. Ryan Lux

Ryan Lux Senior Member

Lame if true. I’ll still buy it.

21. JulesRules

Actually, there are. I'm not supposed to say this I guess, but I have direct confirmation (from the horse's mouth so to speak) that there will be a lot of interesting stuff on the Seeds box set. I'll not say more at this point, but I'd advise you to steer clear from such statements.
    That was one reason. The other was legal things that might mean we have to do without some of the material planned. But the fact that they're still postponing it might mean that these issues can be resolved.

Besides, I think it will sell out even more quickly than the first two boxes. There is really no issue of low sales on these reissues...

Quo have released over 30 albums, TFF six (plus additional stuff). Obviously there's more stuff to deal with. Also, maintaining an album-by-album thread is hard work! But I'm still looking after tearsforfears.boards.net and will try to keep it as up-to-date as possible. As you all probably know by now, more members would be good... :ignore:

22. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

Thanks for the info, Jules!

JulesRules likes this.
  23. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

You are really whetting my appetite for this!

Seeds is the album I always thought would have lots of extra material. There was very little that was new for me on the first two box sets. Possibilities like original version of the album plus TFF versions of stuff like "Rhythm Of Life" fascinate me. I dearly hope that nothing is omitted for contractual reasons. Raise the price if you must, just make it available!

Rufus rag and JulesRules like this.
  24. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I would vote for Seeds deluxe box in fall and new album/tour in 2019.

25. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

I thought there was a thread for the 2014 SHM SACD, but I can’t find it.

This may have been answered in this very long thread, but which sounds better, the aforementioned SACD or the Blu Ray Audio? I’m only interested in the stereo mix though I’ve heard the 5.1 on the latter is very good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.