Technics Componet System

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Cake, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cake

Cake Forum Resident Thread Starter

For my "normal" stereo system, I have a 5.1 Panasonic system with a SA BT-228 Panasonic blu ray player and 40 inch Panasonic screen which is amazing while playing cds, dvds and blu ray. I'm very very happy with the system, though I might move up to 7.1 and upgrade both the TV and blu ray player (since they were installed in 2010 by the Geek Squad via Best Buy).

In my storage unit, I just found the following and want to see how to hook it up to my Panasonic system - though the Geek Squad told me I would need an extra amp at the time in order for them to set up the turntable(circa late 2010), but that never happened:

Technics Quartz Synthesizer TV/FM/AM Stereo Receiver SA-350
    Technics Stereo Cassette Deck (double deck) RS TR-373
    Technics Quartz Direct Drive Automatic Turntable System SL-QD33

The receiver seems to be missing the powercord; would this be easily replaceable?
    Any responses on to how to go about plugging everything in together would be great! - otherwise I would just plug in the turntable, tape deck and receiver and try to find some decent stereo speakers to go with this old system.

Anyone? Thanks for your help!

2. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

Does that receiver have a dedicated Phono input? It could be that was why the "geek" was saying you need an extra amp (phono pre-amp), since TT's output is decidedly lower than other components line-level signals.

3. Cake

Cake Forum Resident Thread Starter

If you mean the old Technics receiver, yes it does have both an input and output Phono area on the back. Does this mean I can just plug in the receiver using the cords and it should work? Sorry that I am just a novice!

4. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

Input and output??? That doesn't sound right; I've never seen a phono output.

A quick google check shows it does have a phono input, so you should be good to go. Just plug the TT into the phono input and hook up the ground wire, then plug in the tape deck's in/out to the receiver's tape in/out (out from deck to in on receiver, in on deck to out on receiver).

Cake likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.