Ted Nugent And The Amboy Dukes

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audio, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audio

audio New Member Thread Starter

Today I went to a rummage sale that one of the local schools was having as a benefit. I bought an amazing box of assorted cds, tapes, and lps for $15. Tonight, while in the process of going through everything, I pulled out a Ted Nugent And The Amboy Dukes cd called the Ultimate Collection and put it on. I was really surprised by how good it sounded, as the packaging looked as though it was a cheap, bargain basement blowout cd from KTEL or Laserlight or something. This was before I turned the cd over and saw the stamp of quality, "Compiled and Digitally Remastered by Steve Hoffman". This here is a near mint DZS034 from 1987 on Dunhill Compact Classics. I'm just curious as to how rare this cd is because I've never seen it before???? Whatever the case may be, I'm happy to be able to add it to my collection of Hoffman discs.

2. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Prix,

I don't know how rare/collectible it is, but that's quite a find regardless. I've seen the disc (the one with a photo of the 70's Cat Scratch Fever-period Nugent, IIRC). I once had it in my hands. But I let it slip through my fingers because I too thought that it was a "cheap bargain basement blowout cd from KTEL or Laserlight or something". Moreover, at the time, I was totally unaware of the Steve Hoffman stamp of excellence. By the way, does the track selection include Scottish Tea? Great find and Enjoy!

Jim W.

3. audio

audio New Member Thread Starter

Yes, It has "Scottish Tea". I highly recommend this collection. I've really been enjoying it and of course the sound.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.