Teenage Fanclub Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by wayneklein, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Forum Resident

They're all great, Grand Prix is fantastic. I'd go for Songs From Northern Britain Next.

2. RadioheadMario

RadioheadMario Forum Resident

Bandwagonesque.

3. boe

boe Forum Resident

I wish that somehow the tape of the radio broadcast of Chilton w/ Teenage Fan Club would surface and be officially released. There are a lot of boots of it but they all have the same major defects. It's easily right up there with the best of Alex's post Big Star work.

Alex thought that "the Fannies" were the best of all the bands that were considered to be influenced by Big Star.

4. Man at C&A

I've never heard that.

5. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

Here, their last album is terrible , what a huge letdown , and i am a big TFC fan .
    Where are the songs ?
    I am ok with " we are getting old , more mature etc" but guys dont forget to write some songs , Gerry in particular , what happened ?

I wish they would still record songs like below , thats Alejandro 's little brother last album , pure TFC bliss .

or

Javier Escovedo - See You Around

Lightworker, Doctorwu and melstapler like this.
  6. melstapler

melstapler Forum Resident

Neat! I saw Javier play a full band show in support of this album and they were excellent. Javier always has a nice guitar arsenal.

dlemaudit likes this.
  7. melstapler

melstapler Forum Resident

As far as I'm aware, Teenage Fanclub still haven't released a definitive live album. It would be nice to have a live album either a 1CD or a 2CD professionally recorded live in concert and with a tracklist representative of their live shows.

Doctorwu likes this.
  8. Man at C&A

I do like Here but sadly the last couple of Teenage Fanclub albums have been comparatively dull. Far too many slow songs. Still good albums though. Man Made is the last Fanclub album I totally loved.

9. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

Their first and best - A Catholic Education.

10. swedgin

swedgin Forum Resident

Bandwagonesque, Grand Prix and Songs from Northern Britain are the bona fide classics but there are great songs on all the albums. If ever a band needed a comprehensive bsides and rarities collection it would be TFC.
    Latest album Here is worth picking up as well.

A true democratic unit with 3 great songwriters all given equal space to shine with Norman songs especially being my personal favourites.

SteveCooks and Doctorwu like this.
  11. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Their live cover version of Camper Van Beethovan's 'Let's Take The Skinheads Bowling' is pretty fab.

melstapler likes this.
  12. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

I liked Here, but the CD sounded slammed and shrill. The
    vinyl 45 release of 'I'm In Love' demonstrates how it could
    have sounded if mastered correctly. And the B-side is their
    best cover version since "He'd Be A Diamond".

melstapler likes this.