Tell me about your equipment rack (I know you want to!)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by The Good Guy, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Good Guy

The Good Guy Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hello

It was suggested to me to do this but I agree without the rack , your equipment will sound abysmal.

My self I use 3 tables . A 1980s Target tt2 for my power amps, a Target tt5 that houses my turntable , power supply , 2 cd players , Pre amp & tuner & a small 1990s tv/vcr stand which has my friends Meridian 207, my 7 in singles underneath & where the VCR tapes would be stored I keep & an accessories box (screwdrivers , old cartridges , brushes etc) & my headphones. My floorstanding speakers are not spiked!!! but sit on butcher blocks which sit on heavy duty coffee tables , this kills room resonances & the raised height gives realistic vocal projection.

I am very pleased with the results & compared to some nothing ultra expensive & flash . In previous years I have messed with isolation boards & cones but in my current room there is no need.

Please tell me about what you use, does not matter how expensive or cheap & if you use something that was never intended for hifi all the more interesting.

Sarcastic & cynical responses please stay away from the thread. Thanks

2. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

[​IMG]

A thousand words about my equipment rack?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  3. RonW

RonW Forum Resident

I just use an entertainment center for my main system and regular end tables in the bedroom. Equipment racks are priced silly I think.

4. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I still have a couple of old Target tables, my RCM sits on one, I also have a couple of their wall shelves somewhere, they were pretty much all we had back in the early 1980s, not exactly the prettiest of furniture, I also recall other companies selling almost identical racks, Cornflake Shop? These days my Hi Fi is on Soundstyle Status ST 105s, I actually have five of them, one day I'll sort out the space and have them all in use, for now I have a stockpile, ready for when I get five decks set up and running,:D I also have the matching ST 310 TV rack. The current Soundstyles replaced a couple of earlier tripod ones with the round pillars, my current collection took maybe three years to put together buying either direct from Soundstyle or grabbing the demo stock when my local Hi Fi shop went out of business so they cost me a lot less than list, I don't think I could afford to replace them even if I wanted to.:sigh:

5. Rodney Toady

Rodney Toady Waste of cyberspace

I searched for years for a rack that would have met my exacting requirements, but to no avail. Eventually I had one custom made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.