Tell Me What You Know About Ozzy

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Paulette, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bataclan2002

bataclan2002 All You Need Is Now.

Ok, so now we’re going to perpetuate the urban myth that Ozzy could time travel, listening to Hysteria (1987) whilst on tour in 1983. :D

The Hud likes this.
  2. Paulette

Paulette Forum Resident Thread Starter

@PacificOceanBlue @ajawamnet
    Total conjecture here, but what if the discrepancy is due to illicit drugs and pharmaceuticals for the disease mixed together or taken erraticly.

A thought.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  3. Paulette

See, I had no idea. I have barely gotten into his solo records; none live yet, and only 2 live Sabbath albums.

It is a good story and he does like Def Leppard.

4. Smokin Chains

Smokin Chains Forum Resident

I didn't read all pages in this thread, so apologies if it's been discussed...

The show Ozzy and Jack's World Detour is worth watching if you want to know more about Ozzy.

He talks a lot about his past, his music, his family. He sure loves his dog Rocky.

Good show, especially the first two seasons. Season three has Kelly and focuses more on reality show nonsense than history.

Paulette likes this.
  5. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

Yeah, was the 80s. Drugs were a funny thing. :) Pyromania then. Purely for production purposes. Could of course got my tour wrong as well. :)

Paulette and bataclan2002 like this.
  6. moomaloo

moomaloo All-round good egg

Not a lie as such but certainly a confusion between two stories. I think even Ozzy believes the 'bites head off bat' story now...

Paulette likes this.
  7. GlobalObserver

GlobalObserver Observing The Globe Since 1964

The only thing I know about Ozzy is that he used to be lead singer in a Punk band called The Sex Pistols and that they used to spit and puke on their audience.

And I think he also killed a chicken on stage and drank it's blood.

Or maybe I'm mistaking him for Ziggy Pop.

Paulette likes this.
  8. ajawamnet

ajawamnet Forum Resident

Honest to God - we had neighbors plucking live chickens. I came home one night from the grocery store and my kids and the head of the homeowners association were carrying a half plucked live chicken in cage.

The lady that lived next to the LCP's (Live Chicken Pluckers) does dachshund rescue and her dogs were going nuts to try and get outside (they have a fenced in yard) Evidently one of the chickens got away and landed in her yard.

And no, the LCP's were not playing Ozzie... Tho when I got in back in my house, I did.

Paulette likes this.
  9. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

He was misdiagonosed at the time and was not on the right medication so that's why he was the way he was on the Osbournes.

Unrelated to that, Sharon just admitted she drugged Ozzy.

Ozzy Osbourne Urges Son Jack to Get Second Opinion on Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis

Paulette and mtvgeneration like this.
  10. DML71

DML71 Forum Resident

With Ozzy's past history I thought that a little bit naughty. Admittedly he was cheating on her and lying about it.

Paulette likes this.
  11. Paulette

So, are you having a Global Observer excursion at the moment?

12. Paulette

I have seen it. It is so fabulous. It would be cool to see more people do this kind of thing.
    Learn about something and about the people and their families and careers.

Smokin Chains likes this.
  13. Paulette

No no no no.....:bigeek: :realmad:

14. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Black Sabbath...blew me away when I first heard the debut self titled LP...essential BS listening.

Paulette likes this.
  15. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

The Osbournes which ran for 4 seasons...

Paulette likes this.
  16. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Paulette likes this.
  17. Andersoncouncil

Andersoncouncil Forum Resident

Technically not a great singer, but probably one of the best frontmen ever. Those first six Sabbath albums AND his first two solo albums are up there with some of my favorite music ever....and this is coming from a non-metal fan!

Paulette likes this.
  18. Andersoncouncil

Ozzy did improve technically on Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Sabotage. He started developing some of vocal melodies as opposed to just singing over Tony's riffs.

Paulette likes this.
  19. Paulette

I often refer to the title track of SBS. That one section that's exceptionally crushing, then OZZ soaring in..."Everything around you...what's it coming to?..."
    Just as an example of his talent and downright genuis.
    He was (maybe still is) a very insecure person.
    He knew what he wanted but needed help.
    Tony bullied him always, IMO and absolutely did in school. So, no help there.
    I think he had such a sweet relationship with Randy. Randy came from a loving, well educated family and gave Ozz something he had never had before. Time, patience, and love from another man (not like gay or anything).

20. Andersoncouncil

Another great example of a tremendous Ozzy vocal is the song that you have used as your member quote "The Writ"!

Paulette likes this.
  21. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

Ozzy sang for Black Sabbath, met his wife at the reception desk of the record company (i think) had a really bad drinking problem. Ozzy - "I have a drinking problem, I have two hands and only one mouth".
    He left Black Sabbath due to a certain amount of friction with Tony Iommi (to the best of my knowledge ... and it was possibly drinking related)
    He went solo and after a double live album he discovered a great young guitarist named Randy Rhodes. They became good friends and made a couple of albums and toured, and sadly Randy died.
    Somehow somebody talked him into doing a tv show in his home... one child decided they didn't want to be involved.... Ozzy kind of became a parody of himself
    I'm no expert, and some of that may be wrong, but that's at least what I think I know

Paulette likes this.
  22. Paulette

That is a funny quote. Ozzy is very funny.
    Since the inception of this thread I have done a buttload of research on the man, but I still learn new stuff.
    IIRC, Randy was with him from the beginning of his solo career.

mark winstanley likes this.
  23. mark winstanley

I didn't think he was on "speak of the devil" the live album, i could be wrong ... I think that was his first solo release to the best of my knowledge

Paulette likes this.
  24. Nomadicarchivist

Nomadicarchivist Forum Resident

Brad Gillis was on Speak of the Devil

Paulette and mark winstanley like this.
  25. mark winstanley

cheers ... I knew it wasn't Randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.