Ten Years After Positive Vibrations and Recorded Live Deluxe 2 cd Editions

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John Fell, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dondy

Dondy Forumaniac

TNX mate but most online dealers list that thing with the original track list - and even the original cover back with "(C) 2013". Seems they filed the covers and release info back then and just published them now that the set it really out.
    No, one must be lucky and find one of the few preview or erroneously leaked-out autumn 2013 copies or promos.
    :cussing:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  2. Are those two missing tracks already released on the expanded version of "Recorded Live"? I mean the exact same performances.

3. Dondy

Dondy Forumaniac

No, that's exactly the least comprehensible point. The two killed track stem from two of the four recorded shows they used for the two expanded releases, anyway.
    And there would have been more than enough space left on the CD to include them.
    Grrrrrrr! :wantsome:

4. Just checked my 2-CD set which arrived from Amazon.de - it only has the 7 tracks on disc 2, and the artwork also shows 7 tracks (booklet and tray inlay), with a 2014 copyright date.

That is really too bad that these two performances are now missing.

John Fell likes this.
  5. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor Thread Starter

Thanks for the information and yes that is a disappointment especially now that we don't have the complete Frankfort concert.:cussing:

6. John Fell

I assume this is the version with the Positive Vibrations promo on it.

7. Yes, correct, track #7 on disc 2.

John Fell likes this.
  8. John Fell

I received mine this afternoon as well.

9. John Fell

If anyone is interested I burned my myself a deluxe version of Recorded Live using the bonus tracks on the Recorded Live & Positive Vibrations deluxe editions and I was able to fit one version of each song on the 2 discs.

Disc 1

One Of These Days
    You Give Me Loving
    Good Morning Little Schoolgirl
    Time Is Flying
    Rock & Roll Music To The World
    Hobbit
    Once There Was A Time
    Spoonful
    Silly Thing
    Slow Blues In C
    I Woke Up This Morning
    Classical Thing
    Scat Thing
    I Can't Keep From Crying Sometimes Part 1
    Extension On One Chord
    I Can't Keep From Crying Sometimes Part 2

Disc 2

Jam (Amsterdam)
    Standing At The Station
    Jam (Frankfort)
    Help Me
    I'm Going Home
    Choo Choo Mama
    Sweet Little Sixteen

I tried to use the Frankfort set list as my guide and incorporated the other songs not played at Frankfort in their approximate positions based upon other set lists that included the songs.

I also noticed when looking at the few 1973 set lists they were also occasionally playing Turned Off T.V. Blues and No Title and even a cover of the Beatles Get Back and many other jams that were not included.

The set list for the fall 1972 shows included songs such as Baby, Won't You Let Me Rock And Roll You and occasionally Crossroads, I May Be Wrong But I Won't Be Wrong Always and Roll Over Beethoven. I don't know if any of these carried over to 1973.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    rjstauber and footlooseman like this.
  10. Dondy

Dondy Forumaniac

Isn't there anybody out there who was lucky enough to get hold of one of the few leaked-out October 2013 copies or a promo set who could tell us what may have been wrong with the two deleted titles? The bonus disc runs some 42+ min. (!) now, and even *with* the two tracks, it would have run only under 70min. What the heck is Chrysalis' policy? They already deleted a bunch of tracks from the recent Robin Trower live 2 CD compilation ("From State to State") at the last minute. :rant:

So anyone who can, please help with some info. TNX a million up front.
    TYA ahoy!
    Th:)mas

footlooseman and John Fell like this.
  11. John Fell

I wonder if one of the band members decided they did not like their performances on those particular songs. My buddy speculates they didn't want to repeat some of the same tracks yet again but they don't play the songs the same way every night even if the songs themselves might be repeats. However, as I mentioned in the post above yours some songs that we not previously released in live versions were recorded at some of these recorded shows and not included on either Deluxe Edition. I am also assuming that they also have additional material from Woodstock, the Isle Of Wight and the Atlanta Pop Festival in the vaults unless it was misplaced.

12. j1804

j1804 Forum Resident

Positive Vibrations is a great album. Have been playing it for the first time - don't understand the bad reviews. A lot of great tunes on this one.

13. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

looks like one on ebay today with that release date. will see when it arrives keeping fingers crossed!!

14. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Just listened to my copy yesterday. I had never gotten around to buying this on CD all these years, after having the album on LP back in the '70's and hating it.

Sad to say I still think the album itself is absolutely dreadful.

15. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

never owned a copy of it and probably have all TYA on vinyl or cds honestly i bought it to have the bonus live tracks

16. So, after two years have passed, is there anybody on this forum who has one of the "Positive Vibrations" sets with the two additional live tracks?

17. John Fell

Marc Roberty has one and he is on here sometimes.

18. By the way, the version of "Positive Vibrations" with only 7 tracks on disc 2, does the cover artwork still state the 9 tracks and a 2013 copyright note? Or was the artwork updated to reflect the new track listing and a 2014 copyright date?

19. Wow, what a lucky day it was.

After this thread and another thread about recent Ten Years After releases has popped up again, it reminded me that I was never able to find the initial version of the deluxe edition of "Positive Vibrations". After the initial release/cancellation of the initial release, I tried to find the withdrawn version for quite some time, with no luck.

Now, two years later, with the resurgence of this thread, I briefly checked eBay to see if any are available (at high prices). I saw a used copy on eBay.de, but the listing only contained the back cover of the CD, which did list the 9 tracks. I asked the seller whether the disc itself (disc 2) has indeed 9 tracks and a running time of a little over an hour, and the seller confirmed. Used "Buy It Now", and the 2-CD just arrived today, and it is the full version.

:goodie:

Of course, I am really happy that I finally scored a copy.

footlooseman, RiRiIII and John Fell like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.