Terminator: Genisys - Arnie is back

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

One of the punks was Bill Paxton.

2. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

And The X-Files is filming its 10th season.

3. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

I just picked up The Terminator remastered blu-ray for $5.00. I've never seen the original, just part 2 and 3.

marblesmike likes this.
  4. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Just got back from seeing it. I enjoyed it very much.

Definitely better than the third and fourth movies, but not as good as the first and second ones.

I thought Emilia Clarke (Daenerys from GoT) did a good job as Sarah Connor. As someone pointed out, she is a little too short compared to Linda Hamilton, but she did a convincing job portraying her. Is it me or did Emilia look chubbier in this movie than she does on GoT? Her cheeks seemed fuller and her butt did too (though, in GoT, she wears gowns, dresses, robes to cover up her butt.) Maybe her natural hair color has something to do with her looking chubbier in the face, rather than the fake blonde she portrays on GoT.

Was a nice surprise to see Matt Smith (previous Doctor Who) make an appearance in the film. That was a total surprise to me because I avoided all reviews, comments, etc. prior to the movie and only knew stuff going in from what was in the trailers.

Also, I did read somewhere that Arnold is signed on for two more Terminator movies. So, that is something to look forward to.

5. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Most of my friends work at Cyberdyne Systems, but I haven't been able to reach any of them... Hmmm.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  6. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

7. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

If they do another one? I think it's time for Arnold to retire.
    There are other T-800 models in terminator universe
    My suggestion to use Dwayne Johnston the Rock.
    And some other body builders maybe even that wrestler called Batisa?
    I think that's his name?
    And a female T-800

8. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Yeah, I always thought it was kind of stupid that they kept bringing Arnold back.. I mean I understand why they do but the whole point of Termiantors is that they're made to look like many different types of people.

9. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I have yet to see the film, but if Arnold can still act, he's perfect for the role and perfect for the Terminator franchise. I reject any notion that people should stop doing what they are good at and doing what they love passed a certain age. This goes for Arnold, Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones and anybody else out there who refuses to conform to some archaic cultural standard for living your life and doing what you love. If you can still do it and you want to do it, then do it.

10. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Well said, I agree 100%.

Encuentro likes this.
  11. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I like it! I seen it today and while this could have a been a marvel comics movie it was still plenty of fun.The original I fell in love with was much closer to a horror movie wich I always hoped the franchise continued to expand on.As long as I didn`t make comparisons such as I did with the second film than this one was quite enjoyable.There was an article in Fangora or one of those 80`s mags that show "Revenge of The Termanators"movie coming soon.We were under the impression at the time this was a dark horror movie focusing only on Skynet taking over the world without a happy ending and exterminating those pesky humans.At least the theme in this one was positive in that we are all still fortunate to have the chance to control our own future and choose the life we want.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  12. Harvest Your Thoughts

Harvest Your Thoughts Forum Resident

I saw this today and it's great.

Except for that girl from Game of Thrones. She was completely miscast.

I'm looking forward to the next film. Looks like the guy from Doctor Who will also return...

13. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

Let's cut Arnie a break, huh?

It's obvious he needs a paycheck.

14. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Mr. E. Tramp, Remurmur and sunspot42 like this.
  15. Sully

Sully Forum Resident

When the first reviews poured in early this week, I looked at the predominately negative reviews and was surprised to see a lot of the critics appeared to admire the concept and had a good time with certain aspects of the film but ultimately had to give an overall thumbs down. As far as Parts 2 & 3 are concerned, the weekend box office does not good at all.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...ontinues-to-self-terminate-with-10-8m-friday/

16. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

For the record. I loved the first two.

But seriously, how many times can you redo the same concept or a close variation.

They send a Terminator back in time to wax Sarah Connor or her son.

He fails.

So they send another one

He fails

So they send another one

Repeat as often as needed for new cash inflow to studio.

Just like the new Jurassic reboot, as visually exciting as they might be, both have already been done well enough the first time that I don't really think it needs to be redone.

But what do I know ? I ain't their audience anymore.

And they already got my money first time ...:)

17. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

They should have filmed the new trilogy back-to-back-to-back and released them in 6-month intervals.

18. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Totally appropriate for Weird Al to appear in a thread about recycling the same theme over and over and over... and over...

heatherly and sunspot42 like this.
  19. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Huh?

20. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

Worked pretty well for Mad Max this summer.

Deesky likes this.
  21. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

If they'd made a good flick - which I'm sure is possible - they might have done better at the box office. Sounds like this is yet-another mediocre entry in the series. And the key moviegoing audience is around 13 - 30 - most of them weren't even alive when T2 came out.

22. Keim

Keim Hangin' here from the start

Saw it with my daughter. We both enjoyed it. Best since T2 by a wide margin.

The Hud likes this.
  23. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

The most it now that I think of it? reminds of Highlander The Quicking in way?
    They screwed Highlander franchise with that one .
    Then magically Highlander 3 the Final Dimension.
    I what I want, and will not get, is the end of future war .
    No, Terminator goes through the machines all destroyed and skynet dies.

24. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Miles better than the fourth and the presence of Arnold makes it better than the third.

I'm tired of the concept. How many times can they take down SkyNet?

25. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

As many times as it will bring money into the studios. :)

DreadPikathulhu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.