Terminator: Genisys - Arnie is back

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicotinecaffeine

nicotinecaffeine Forum Resident

I only care about the nukes.

The nukes in T3 were absolutely atrocious; copied and pasted computerized cartoons.

Cameron's nuke in T2...now, that was some well done bang-bang. Read somewhere he consulted with the retired editors from the old Lookout Mountain to get it right.

2. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I thought Salvation was a much better film than T3, especially the director's cut.

Keim and BGLeduc like this.
  3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Arnies back(and whole body) in Predator reboot?

4. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

It's more than a plague here on the SHF.... it seems to be a requirement. :sigh:

5. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

This has potential.

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yes, sad but true...

7. I will have to check out the DC. I really enjoyed this one. I thought T3 was almost an over the top parody, but Salvation was much more serious. The fact that it was shot in and around my city was just a bonus.

8. Michael

of course it does it has Arnie!

9. Keim

Keim Hangin' here from the start

Am I the only person that liked T4? It is not as good as 1 and 2. But I liked the different take on the story.

T3 was the only stinker, IMO. T2 with a cute terminator. Yawn.

BGLeduc likes this.
  10. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

To me at least, T3 was a remake of T2 with a female terminator. T4 just annoyed for how it peed all over the story that had been set up by the first two films.

Really, after the first two, how much more story is there to tell?

11. Michael

it's just fun watching them. Yes..the story has been told, but I like the ride each one brings...and with Arnold back it should be a blast...plus I really like the chick who plays Sarah Connor in the new one.

12. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I wish someone would have the balls to show the end of the Future War.

Nobody sent back .

13. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

I believe that would be referred to as "burying the franchise."

14. DLeet

DLeet Forum Resident

Realy disappointed with the new trailer. I immediately watched the trailer to Judgment Day... and I realized. There's nothing new... NOTHING! in more than 20 years.

sunspot42 likes this.
  15. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

What would you have them do?

16. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

There's plenty new in the trailer, not that you can tell much from a 2 minute plus trailer, but as others have pointed out in other threads, trashing a film before it's released seems to be a requirement on this forum. Examples of new plot points: The Arnie-Terminator is apparently a surrogate father to Sarah Conner, raising her from childhood as has been rumored. That appears to be supported by the trailer. The older Arnie-Terminator facing off against the younger Arnie-Terminator. The timeline that Reese went back to in the original Terminator film no longer exists. It has been completely altered. It looks fascinating.

keef00, Deesky and marblesmike like this.
  17. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I have one fear and that is that all the timeline shifts and changes could, potentially, become very confusing if not handled well. I hope they avoid that sort of thing.

smilin ed and Encuentro like this.
  18. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

They don't but the flesh encasing them can. In fact it can even shag the housemaid:hide:

Keim likes this.
  19. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

A time-traveling shagging machine - no wait, that's an Austin Power's movie.

sunspot42, robertawillisjr and scobb like this.
  20. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Trailer looked good to me, with a completely plausible explanation of how the original time line had changed. The big mystery still out there is what part Matt Smith is playing. He's been featured prominently in some of the publicity so far (on the cover of Entertainment Weekly), but it doesn't seem that anyone knows his role. Conjecture says he may be a terminator programmed to protect John Connor, just as Arnie has been Sarah's protector in this new timeline.

21. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

The T-1000 why? this weird not that don't like it
    from what read the T-1000 was most dangerous Terminator.
    Because it had basically free will. It could of screwed with skynet if it wanted to.
    Skynet was scared if AI could have that emotion.
    Watching The Sarah Conner Chronicles really put in perspective
    How powerful a T-1000 could be. For either side.

22. DLeet

DLeet Forum Resident

something completely different. Same universe, but no Arnie or Connor family.

23. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

A co-worker and I were just commenting last night on the seemingly high risk of some serious paradoxes being created in the new film....

24. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

New trailer. It looks like John Connor himself is going to be one of the heavies. Interesting!

Rocker likes this.
  25. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

That new trailer is just lame, more of the same only for hardcore fans, still i'm gonna end watching the movie of course.

That Sarah Connor what a bi#$#$! :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.