Terminator: Dark Fate*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

A T-1000 war? what can he do I say hire the Rock as terminator..
    There was interesting comic book story back in the 90's one the terminators
    looked like Dewayne...

2. mattdm11

mattdm11 Forum Resident

Why all the hate for T3? I thought it was underrated, the female terminator was hot, and had a pretty nice ending. Never saw the Bale one and didn't mind the last one.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  3. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I liked T3 a lot.... when it was called T2. :)

4. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

There's no rule stating he can't just ignore T3 and everything that followed simply isn't canon and build the proper sequel to T2. I would far prefer he develop a movie called T3 than go the remake route.

With all that said, I didn't find T3 to be all that bad– it was much better than the films that would follow it. It had some memorable scenes and plenty of nods to the first two films, and I did like the female terminator.

5. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

T3 was just cheap titillation, bereft of new ideas. A bandwagon film. And the next film can happen after T2 seeing as how with time travel you can revisit any era.

6. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

7. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

8. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Isaac K. likes this.
  9. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

I'll be back.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  10. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I agree on T3. Loved the female villain. She was hot and ruthless.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  11. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

I liked T3 as well and got a better understanding of how it was made by listening to the directors commentary.
    On the whole, I think, it did not stack up to T2, but it had its moments. The ending was a nice touch to such an over the top action flick.

12. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

13. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

14. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

Dear God, please make it stop; Cameron didn't have a trilogy in him for the original films (he specifically told Arnie that story was done after T2), so what makes him think there's one now?

Another upcoming release to avoid like the plague then...

Dude111 likes this.
  15. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

It's got a chance now. The question is, does Cameron have the story.

16. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I think the fact that Cameron would be behind it means there's a decent chance it might be good. Fingers crossed...

17. It can be a great film. Kind of like when Wes Craven returned to the Elm Street franchise.

18. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

This time Skynet sends a Terminator back five hundred years! Watch it fight Seamus O'Connor during a plague!

GentleSenator likes this.
  19. Deuce66

If he can initial, date and sign JC to approve the script you have a story, I'm not sure who's involved in writing but there's no way it's him. Tim Miller is directing the first re-sequel/re-boot whatever you want to call it.

20. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

So I assume James would retcon T3, T4, and T5 out of existence?

21. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

David S Goyer is one of the writers. He is even below Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof when it comes to terrible writers.

22. Deuce66

Looks like Linda will right there in the middle of the action.

Linda Hamilton Set to Return to 'Terminator' Franchise (Exclusive)

With Hamilton’s return, Cameron hopes to once again make a statement on gender roles in action movies.

"There are 50-year-old, 60-year-old guys out there killing bad guys,” he said, referring to aging male actors still anchoring movies, “but there isn’t an example of that for women.”

Tim Miller, the filmmaker who made his breakout feature debut with Deadpool, is directing the sequel, which is returning to its roots by having the involvement of Cameron for the first time since 1991’s Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

Story details are, of course, being kept on a secure hard drive at Cyberdyne Systems, but Cameron and Miller are treating the new movie as a direct sequel to Cameron's Judgment Day. And the themes of the potential evils of technology will once again be at the fore.

But the new movie will also be seen as a passing of the baton to a new generation of characters.

The Doctor and Classicolin like this.
  23. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

This and the Alien franchise are very similar in that neither of them have had a great entry since their first sequels. Terminator/Alien 3 and onward may as well not even exist.

24. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I thought Alien 3 was an interesting concept... in theory, anyway.

25. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

No, it definitely was, and it even has some redeeming qualities (so does T3), but it was ultimately a failure. You know it's bad when the director disavows the film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.