SH Spotlight Test the midrange purity of your system and/or your computer speakers using Bing Crosby!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Chiliarches

Chiliarches Well-Known Member

I have heard this somewhat on every system I have tried - Schiit Fulla 2 through earbuds and a set of cans, iPhone speaker, Cornwalls powered by my Yamaha A-S2000, and Paradigm mini-monitors on my desk powered by a Kenwood power amp with the Schiit Fulla 2 as the preamp...

Desk setup was probably the best.

In no case was it something that would have "jumped out" at me as highly unusual, but I was able to hear it - slight reverb, especially on the word "feeling."

Probably not good enough?

2. apesfan

apesfan Forum Resident

3. RayistaGeoff

RayistaGeoff Forum Resident

Funny. I hear it most strongly on the word "by", where the reverb becomes really noticeable for a second. Don't so much notice it on other parts of the phrase. (This is from the CD, on my Chord Mojo through to my old AKG K240 Studios.)

4. Chiliarches

Chiliarches Well-Known Member

The word “by” probably has the most VOLUME/“bloom”, but I don’t hear it clearly as reverb until word “feeling”, I think because “feeling” is at the end of the phrase and I hear the reverb trail off for a brief moment...

5. Larsen

Larsen Forum Resident

Ordered this compilation after reading this thread. Great collection! Too bad there aren't any credits in the booklet. I'd like to know who's playing the trumpet on (You Know It All) Smarty.

Added information and scanned images to the Discogs entry: Bing Crosby - Bing Crosby Sings Again

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you look at the booklet images, I guess that those are the recording dates mentioned. What's the catalog number provided for each song?

The price is a bit up since the original post. I spent $10 on a VG+/NM copy.