DCC Archive Thanks to everyone re: Rascals Anthology

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JohnnyK, Oct 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyK

JohnnyK Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone for suggesting that I buy the Rascals Anthology CD. The CD is great because 90% of their biggest hits are in mono. Their hits sound just the way I remember them sounding when I was in High School and College. The mono versions sound way better than the stereo versions. The location of the vocals in some of the stereo versions is strange. :D

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Right, Johnny! At least SOME of us appreciate a sense of history and the way things really were. To think that there are legions of people who don't know/can't recall the 45 single of "Groovin" had a different harmonica track that totally offered a different feel of the song. I'll bet they wonder why they get sick of hearing the stereo version on the oldies radio. The fact that the stereo mix is slightly clearer does not matter.

Right now i'm 90% of my goal of having every 60's and 70's song I ever liked in it's EXACT original mix, stereo OR mono. Some people are willing to sacrifice a few details for the sake of some separtaion, and some want everything to sound like it was recorded last week, but I'm not interested in revising history. That's why I like Steve H's work. He also wants things as they were!

[ October 01, 2001: Message edited by: Grant T. ]

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

"Anthology" turned me right around, because I bought it on a goof to complete some crappy Music Service agreement. One problem is they took out the Columbia content at the end of Disc 2, those Bartlesmann hacks! My D2 ends at Tk#15.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.