The 45th Annual Grammy Awards....Norah cleans up!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ed Bishop, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt New Member

A little. I knew companies had influence, but that reeks as being illegal. Well, if someone cared enough to sue (as well as destroy any potential for a career). :sigh:

2. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Maybe not a surprise, but I never really thought of it that way.

Are there any ballots sent out to people not affiliated with labels?
    Dan

3. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

How deflating...........:sigh:

4. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

5. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame

Hi,

I think "The Rising" shows that Bruce's best days are still here. For me, this album gets better & better every listen. The combo of the 9-11 theme and the reunion of the awesome E Street Band really makes this a powerful album. I think Bruce and his band are making GREAT music!!! :thumbsup:

Another view,
    Jeffrey

6. Matt

Matt New Member

Not my favorite Bruce album, that's probably what I would've voted for. I was disappointed with the nominees in general, though.

7. Ben

Ben New Member

Touchy, touchy.

Going back to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz now.

G'night!

8. Some interesting observations from TV writer Aaron Barnhart of the Kansas City Star.
    You can find Aaron's postings at the TV Barn. (Formerly the Late Show News).

February 23, 2003
    The Night The Music Died

Just about every show you can think of, from "ER" to "Blind Date," has a musical score, however slight. But Sunday night's Grammys -- of all programs! -- had none whatsoever. The recording academy effectively fired the Grammy house orchestra, as reported by TV Barn on Friday. The result? A crude but effective way of speeding up the telecast: Instead of being played out on stage, presenters were already standing at the microphone when they were introduced.

It worked, but the absence of even recorded music, at a ceremony that honors recording artists, just seemed odd. Even stranger was the way the academy chose to present this year's lifetime achievement winners. Presenters would call out their names at various times in the program -- without so much as five seconds of recorded music from the honored artist! You might hear a presenter announce, say, the late Tito Puente's name, followed by applause. Then, the show would abruptly move on: "And now, the nominees for BEST RAP ALBUM ..."

Even that didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth. No, that was reserved for the decision by Nelly and/or his handlers to stage a pyrotechnics show on the Grammys stage. I'm sure there were plenty of fire exits, and yes, some of the flames were projected on-screen, but still ... a little respect for the dead, please.

posted by Aaron Barnhart February 23, 2003 10:04 PM

The lack of music was very obvious, and the Nelly pyrotechnics was a bit much. :rolleyes: Have some respect indeed!

9. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

The Grammy's sure love these upcoming female singers. Norah is this years Alicia Keys/ India.aire/ Macy Gray/Tracy Chapman etc.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.