The Adele appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DaveyF, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveyF

DaveyF Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm a VERY big fan of the Brit singer...Adele.

Her new album, "25" is set to be released on Nov 20th. The new single from that album "Hello" is already climbing the charts worldwide. ( justifiably, IMHO)
    Adele seems to believe ( possibly rightly so) that her new album will have a hard time eclipsing her prior album..."21".
    I am very much looking forward to this highly talented artists newest album.
    As to the SQ, well the last two have been nothing to shout home about ( unfortunately[​IMG]).. the problem, which I am really hoping may be getting addressed
    in her new album, is that Adele likes to "swallow" the mike. Which is IMHO a leading cause of the SQ issues. However even if the SQ isn't up to say..
    Lynn Stanley, the voice and music will more than make up for that.

Anyone else as happy as I am that Adele is back ( and hopefully in full force)

2. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    Gibson67 and rxcory like this.
  3. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

I found this to be very funny and interesting to watch. Adele impersonates Adele:

4. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Good for you:cheers:

5. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Adele is the musical guest on SNL tonight

6. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I never knew she was really "gone"... One of the local stations I occasionally listen to plays her "older" stuff a lot and is giving "Hello" a lot of play too...

7. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

This has got to be the most needless appreciation thread ever. I think the fact that she's selling a billion albums is appreciation enough, but what do i know.:winkgrin:

john lennonist and Aplusgurl like this.
  8. Aplusgurl

Aplusgurl New Member

She is pretty much the only female singer in this generation that I really like right now. Funny thing, my hubby and I were vacationing in London in 2007 when I first heard her Music, and I was completely blown away by her voice. I remember thinking wow, she is anazing, and the US has nothing like this. The funny thing is that I thought that I found something unique until I got back to the US and she exoloded! I've been a fan ever since and I have all 3 studio albums.

john lennonist likes this.
  9. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

who is this Adele you speak of

Aplusgurl likes this.
  10. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

Just stumbled across this beautiful song - not a fan of vocal histrionics but this one is rather delicate and the vocals understated. Though kind of amusing when her accent comes through - like 'er instead of her.

JohnnyQuest and Cloudbuster like this.
  11. Trevor_Bartram

Trevor_Bartram Senior Member

Interesting that this thread from last year is only 10 posts long, obviously not a lot of appreciation for Adele here, this is reflected by opinion of her singing, that is not fit to print on a public forum.

rjp likes this.
  12. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

She has other threads on here that are plenty long. This thread is unnecessary.

ARK likes this.
  13. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Right now, I am listening to Adele's "19" album for the first time. Man, I love it! This is nothing like "21" or "25"! All you Adele haters, I recommend you check it out. No overwrought pyrotechnics. The music is minimalist in most places, with nothing but an acoustical guitar accompaniment. But when she does break out, it's very plesent. And, there is attention paid to the music. The singing is very soulful.

driverdrummer and Cloudbuster like this.
  14. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

She reminds me of Alison Moyet. She was popular in the 80s, especially the album "Alf" (1984).

snepts and driverdrummer like this.
  15. john lennonist

john lennonist There ONCE was a NOTE, PURE and EASY...

Adele, along with Taylor Swift (both of whom have released a lot of stuff that I like) are two of the few "Pop Chart Hits" artists that I can stomach these days.

lennonfan1 likes this.
  16. Fivebyfive

Fivebyfive Forum Resident

19 is my favorite. In fact, I stopped listening to 21 completely after the songs got played to death everywhere. And 25 is a meh retread of the same ground.

But 19 remains a cool little album and the only one of hers that I actually listen to anymore.

footprintsinthesand, D-rock and Grant like this.
  17. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident

Not a huge fan but I love "Sweetest Devotion" as an album closer. :love: It's the most powerful moment on 25 IMO.

18. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

Yes Alison is an underrated singer. Had some great songs both with Yazoo and solo. "Love Resurrection" is my fave

snepts and c-eling like this.
  19. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Read the title of this thread before replying and go thread crap somewhere else...

20. Trevor_Bartram

Trevor_Bartram Senior Member

Sure as long as you come and clean my monitor afterwards..........

21. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

I find it interesting how guitar based the first album is, the next 2 are piano based and thus have a less folk-ish feel. I think all 3 of her albums are important works of art that will endure, they tap introspection in many listeners and therein lies the magic:)
    When We Were Young continues to blow my mind apart.

22. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I think maybe she should go back to composing on the gee-tar.

23. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

I think she does a lot of composing on guitar and transposes to piano. Here's a good example:

D-rock likes this.
  24. It's a real shame that the vinyl quality of 3 of England's best female voices (Adele, Amy Winehouse, Duffy) is as bad as it is. I'd like to listen to them to more often, but the albums are all sonic dogs.

25. DaveyF

DaveyF Forum Resident Thread Starter

+1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.