The Ahhs in A Day in the Life-Poll*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by adm62, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muffmasterh

muffmasterh Forum Resident

i agree with you, i just did it because several Paul believers stated that if there was a new poll or they could change their vote the poll result would very different, i wanted to test this assertion.

But yes the poll itself means very little either way.

MoonPool and stevenson66g like this.
  2. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

I brought up the Kennedy assassination earlier, as a means of illustrating that popular consensus does not equal fact. A "pro-John" person (I forget who) responded by saying he thought there was solid evidence of a conspiracy in the JFK assassination. It makes me wonder (as a side issue) if there's any observable correlation between a person's beliefs about the Kennedy assassination and their beliefs about who sings the "aahhs"?

That's definitely true. I'm much more a John fan, but I'm confident Paul sang the "aahhs." Yet in the other big "was it John or Paul" debate ("She Loves You" at the end of "All You Need Is Love") I'm equally confident that vocal is John. So I'm hardly a reflexive Paul supporter.

3. muffmasterh

did he ??

for all we know the ahh's were a collaboration part of the linking process from Paul to John. More likely they were both responsible imho so either could have been the singer.

I do not see the ahh section as a part of Paul's section or for that matter as part of John's either.

4. muffmasterh

and as more of a John fan I was always sure that was Paul doing the SLY's ( lets not get into the video again, they were performing alongside a backing track )

5. thrivingonariff

thrivingonariff Forum Resident

Huh?! How did you get that from what I said? No, that is not what I meant.

6. The Kennedy assassination is an apt analogy, since people are picking apart this recording like it was the Zapruder Film.

7. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Some versions have been sourced from the leaked 4-track, which is of somewhat lower quality but contains everything that's on the tape, while others have been sourced from Rock Band, which is higher quality but doesn't have the noises between overdubs, etc. Same basic audio, though; the section in question was recorded on a single track.

It doesn't start with Paul with John picking up after a few words?

8. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Interesting. That makes me wonder if there's any consistent correlation between beliefs about who sings the "aahs" and about who sings that "She Loves You" fragment?

9. Vinyl Socks

Vinyl Socks The Buzz Driver

It's kind of like the "PID" people on internet message boards who will threaten your life if you tell them that "Paul Is ALIVE". Rabid and unwarranted in the least.

muffmasterh likes this.
  10. muffmasterh

if that is not what you meant i happily retract my misinterpretation

11. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

To my ears it's John who starts the She Loves You's, after Paul sings "whoa yeah." But I imagine that's a discussion that does not need to be inserted into this thread.

12. muffmasterh

could be, however i do think Paul was lower on Spoil the party and harmony on CT, not sure where that leaves me.

Oh and i also think Oswald was a patsy but i've never bought the full Oliver Stone CIA thing, to me it was always the mafia so not so much a conspiracy more of a cover up.

Chariots of the gods man, they practically own south america !

13. muffmasterh

definitely not lol

14. thrivingonariff

thrivingonariff Forum Resident

You yourself subsequently said,

so it would seem that you actually agree with my post.

15. stevenson66g

stevenson66g Hand me my Revolver

So the thread starter wants to take his ball home with a skewed set of results (quite a few would like to change their vote) but the mods won't let us start a new thread?

theMess and nikh33 like this.
  16. stevenson66g

For some of us this has been a 2 week debate.

theMess and Paulwalrus like this.
  17. Alex D.

Alex D. Forum Resident

Afraid? This is very childish.

Is this the first post of the new thread you created? This is embarrassing. You literally said "blah blah blah." How could you expect this to stay open? (You didn't even link the isolated sample???)

The poll doesn't matter in the sense that we are trying to get to the truth. The poll just gives some sense of public perception, which might be interesting. But it doesn't truly matter. Us Paul voters don't care that far more people are voting for John. It has no bearing on our belief of what the truth is. Let me spell that out further: I would not be any more confident in my conclusion if the poll results said 99% Paul vs. 1% John.

theMess, Paulwalrus, slane and 2 others like this.
  18. stevenson66g

In amongst the whole aborted new thread I'm not sure whether I posted my observation that if the truth of something was based on popular consensus then in medieval times (and before) the world really was flat and the sun revolved around the earth.

19. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

Don't they say something like "Paul Lick" in the Hardcover Book in the new set ?

20. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

It's good to know you're consistent... you're wrong about both songs! :winkgrin:

muffmasterh likes this.
  21. muffmasterh

absolutely i did and do, it was the latter part of your post where I read into something that you did not mean

thrivingonariff likes this.
  22. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

The John voters obsess about the poll because that's all they've got

nasa09, theMess and 905 like this.
  23. schnitzerphilip

schnitzerphilip "Modern Dad" Unlocked Award

It would be interesting to see what the outcome of the poll on public opinion would be with the new facts from the sessions and the new ISO's that make it pretty clear who is singing and where the drop-in's occurred, both of these ISO revelations are new and were not possible 8 years ago.

I asked the mod who merged the thread to see if resetting the poll to "0" is possible. He is checking with the thread starter to see if he would support this as well.

muffmasterh likes this.
  24. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

He won't, the poll is all he's got

nasa09 likes this.
  25. muffmasterh

again you missed the primary reason i instigated the new poll, that there was assertion by some that the poll would be different had people been able to retract previous votes and reallocate them in this poll, i wanted to test that and could not understand why those most vocal about querying this poll seemed reticent about starting a new one so i did it for them for all the good that did.

But why should i have linked the isolation, i left that for others to do, irrelevant now anyway.

PS is it dangerous to assume that you are one of those who are on record as saying they would not even believe Paul if he said it was John ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.