The All-Purpose Dennis Metz Retirement/Liquidation Sale Thread!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by jsayers, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting.... Thread Starter

Since Dennis's various retirement sale threads in the classifieds are loaded down and cluttered with comments and wise-cracks <I'm guilty too!> I decided to start a dedicated thread here for us to discuss, wax philosophic, comment, fantasize, complain, whatever all in one place to try and keep his sale threads a little easier to navigate.

I'll start with :

I wonder how much alternate/punk/new wave stuff Dennis has that he might be selling, if any? I'm not sure if he collects too much of those genres, but I know I've seen him snap up related titles in our classifieds in the past, so there IS hope! :agree:

- John

2. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I can ask him in the other thread, be right back.

noname74 and hvbias like this.
  3. jsayers

Wiseguy! :laugh:

4. theron d

theron d Forum Resident

I missed out on those Bowie RCA's last night. Still bummed about that one that.....oh well...yeah I was wondering the same thing about any alternative/new wave/punk myself....and also if there would be anymore Mosaics Box sets ...

5. jsayers

I
    I saw it and passed, only because they were all Japan pressings, and the forum favorites for most of those titles are the West German pressings. Still a HELL of a deal on them, though. If I didn''t already have the majority of those RCA's, I would have jumped! Japan RCA is better than no RCA Bowie. :cool:

6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Dennis has vinyl too, right?

7. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Yes...not to the extent of his CD collection though.

8. jsayers

By the way, I "pm'd" Dennis about this thread, so maybe he will visit and answer questions, I dunno.....

I'm only guessing, but I don't think Dennis is a big vinyl guy, at least not lately. Who knows what he's got stashed, though. I'm sure he's been a collector from before the advent of cds, but he could have dumped most of the vinyl when cds came along, like I did....:realmad:

9. noname74

He has a fair amount. Although I took a chunk out of it when I visited him and bought the Sinatra big-a$$ MFSL box set in NM condition from him. :angel:

10. eelkiller

....& the Ray Charles discs and other items I wanted, don't forget them? :realmad:

11. noname74

I bought no Ray Charles DCC's...I bought a lot....a helluva lot...but no Ray DCCs left with me. [​IMG]

12. eelkiller

I believe you, between the Sinatra MFSL and the Sandy Denny 19 CD box, your vehicle would have been loaded.

13. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member

Which box set is that?

14. noname74

:laugh:

15. eelkiller

I think I mastered that box.

16. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

That's what he said.

:rimshot:

17. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

no more Mosaic sets, I asked:cry:

18. drivingfrog

drivingfrog Calm down, have some dip.

It would be cool to see what the final tally is (including shipping) after this is all done, if it will ever be.

19. jsayers

Dennis commented in one of his sale threads he'd still be selling stuff in 2 months, so who knows? :eek:

drivingfrog likes this.
  20. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

My guess is that the shipping is costing him quite a lot on most of those big box sets that he's been listing today.

21. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

This is entirely up to Dennis of course, but what do people prefer: the item by item postings or a single post with a large number of items?

I have not managed to be quick enough to get items that I was interested in either case.

22. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

Darn, just noticed the Gorts are on to us in the other thread for violating the classified rules by requesting stuff. ;) Oh well, while it was fun, it did kind of clutter things up. Hope it didn't bug Dennis too much. I'm sure he'll get deluged with PMs asking about stuff. Wonder which way of contact is more troublesome?

23. jsayers

I THINK that the overseas folks <Australia, New Zealand, Europe, etc,> have had to pony up for the astronomical postage themselves, or at least I sure hope so. Dennis is selling this stuff at more than reasonable <to say the least> prices so I hate to see him take a beating on postage, too. The first, rather large, box of sacds & dvd-a's I received from him cost $27 to ship! And, since I live in the USA, he didn't charge me any extra.
    I can tell you, I would never eat all that postage and offer the generous pricing like Dennis is, when I reach the point Dennis has come to in his music collecting. Kudos to him for that of course, but I'm too poor, I'd need the $!

24. jsayers

As someone who buys and sells here a lot, I can tell you - PM or start a conversation with the seller. Always! At the worst they can ignore your message, the best actually get what you want at the price you want. PM's are just that : private messages. If Dennis doesn't like it, I'm sure he'll tell you so.
    As a seller I sure never minded getting requests and offers - I'd have been crazy to!

25. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Ah I've been trying to get over to his place since before X-mass. I think I'll finally get down there this weekend.

I'm mainly interested in any lps he has for sale but of course how could I not go through the cds? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.