The Allman Brothers - Eat a Peach (MFSL Vinyl)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by KOWHeigel, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

The cover isn't shiny and laminated but it's a bit smoother to the touch than my original Capricorn that I bought still sealed a few years back. Even though the cover might not duplicate the original the sound quality is better than my original. Better than my original MFSL too. IMO if you love this album then buy this.

2. reddyempower

reddyempower Forum Resident

How're the MJ fades? Same as the original? Reason I ask is that I've always loved the way part 2 fades in with Berry's solo. We'd already heard it, of course, during the part 1 fade out, but hearing it again ensures that there's no sense of loss.....

3. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Any other SQ reviews? Do we get the insert included in first USA pressings?

Thanks.

4. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

5. ssmith3046

No insert but that's OK because the sound quality makes it worthwhile.

6. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I hope these ABB MoFi issues mean they'll get around to Fillmore East at some point. I keep missing the decently-priced ones in the Classifieds, so a MoFi LP might be my best bet at this point.

RiRiIII likes this.
  7. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Or PM Clay and Rick, and ask them to be on the lookout for a good pink label. They're extremely helpful fellas.

8. ssmith3046

Analogue Productions has a Fillmore East coming out soon. My go to copy has been the Classic Records 200g pressing for several years now.

9. shinedaddy

shinedaddy Forum Resident

I am reluctant to buy this even though I love the lp because the Idlewild south mofi was nowhere near as good as the original atco. The reviews here stating this is better than the original...........all I can say is, are you suuuuuure?????????

John Moschella and Cassius like this.
  10. shinedaddy

anyone else care to comment?

11. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

Do you think we changed our minds? Everything about it is fantastic, from packaging to the sound. I don't know of a better vinyl version.

12. ssmith3046

There you go. If you love this album buy it. Or don't.

13. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Yeah, I'm suuuuuuuuuuuuuuree

14. shinedaddy

did you compare to an original?

15. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Yes, I have 2 1st pressings and a later tan label Capricorn pressing. The new MFSL is better. I'm really happy with it.

I don't have the MFSL pressing from the 1980s? It goes for too much on Ebay.

16. ssmith3046

Several years ago I bought a sealed original Capricorn at no small cost to me. I also own the original MFSL release. The new MFSL release is my go to copy now. If this album means anything to you drop the forty bucks and buy it. What else can I say?

Tommyboy likes this.
  17. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

I have the new MFSL vinyl set but haven't played it yet ...

18. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

The original Monarch pressings for S/T and Idlewild were better than their respective Mofi reissues. My main focus for me is midrange transparency and tone. Details audiophiles look for is less important, that's why like shinedaddy I'm still a bit reluctant. Between the Dead, Allmans, Stardust, and Miles reissues I haven't been blown away...

19. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Anyone care to compare this to the new mfsl cd? Yes, I know, but it is possible to compare some sound qualities of a cd vs lp. Just curious, by way of this comparison, if this mfsl lp beats that japanese cd people rave about.

20. ssmith3046

I'm no audiophile but I've been happy with my recent MFSL purchases.

21. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

If you buy MOFI releases for $30 and more....hate to break it to you but you are an audiophile.

AtlTrav likes this.
  22. ssmith3046

Wooo-Hoooooo! I be a audiophile!

23. torrey wikins

torrey wikins Forum Resident

I've listened to this album for 40 years(no, not in one sitting). Never heard it sound as good as the recent MFSL version. I cannot believe I ever traded in vinyl for CD s.

24. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

I'm listening to the new EAT A PEACH vinyl album from MFSL and wow ... dead quiet vinyl all around and the sound is absolutely marvelous. This is the one, folks. A+.

25. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Everyone on this thread who has bought this LP have nothing but positive things to say about it.

I think the 1st two MFSL Allman Brother albums sound decent. They're the not the greatest sounding recordings to begin with. I'm fine with them. Besides, Monarch pressings aren't the easiest to track down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.