The American Ninja films (1985-1990): my website with exclusive interviews

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Timeline Man, Jul 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timeline Man

Timeline Man Time Traveler from Naples Thread Starter

I'm the webmaster of the very first American Ninja website in the net, focused on the "universe" of the movies:

http://americanninjasaga.blogspot.com

American Ninja (1985)
    American Ninja 2: The Confrontation (1987)
    American Ninja 3: Blood Hunt (1989)
    American Ninja 4: The Annihilation (1990)

There's a fourth semi-apocryphal sequel known as "American Ninja V" (1993), which was originally titled "American Dragons". The lead actor is David Bradley (from part 3 and 4), playing a new character set in a new universe.

On my website, you can find a detailed timeline of the first 4 movies and exclusive interviews that I did with Sam Firstenberg (creator and director of American Ninja and American Ninja 2: The Confrontation), Cedric Sundstrom (American Ninja 3: Blood Hunt and American Ninja 4: The Annihilation) and Kely McClung (Super Ninja in #4).
    You cannot miss this if you love ninja movies.

Have a good read. Thanks.

melstapler and S. P. Honeybunch like this.
  2. Timeline Man

Any feedback? :) Thanks.

melstapler likes this.
  3. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Just found this while doing a thread search for American Ninja and of course I'm a big fan as well. Thanks so much for sharing your excellent blog. "American Ninja V" is an enjoyable film on its own, definitely underrated even if it isn't the same universe within the series. As for Michael Dudikoff, I wish they'd continue the American Ninja series and make more films with him.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Timeline Man likes this.
  4. melstapler

Timeline Man likes this.
  5. Timeline Man

This makes me extremely happy!
    Yeah, that's right, "American Ninja V" is a very good movie set in a different type of narrative universe, so I have nothing against it at all.

We deserved to get more Joe Armstrong adventures. I always hope for a new sequel with an old Joe/American Ninja ready to fight the forces of evil as always.

Thank you for your kind words, man.

melstapler likes this.
  6. Kossoff is God

Kossoff is God Forum Resident

Love the first film. I like the second film but The final battle sucks. Did not like the third with only Curtis Jackson as the only returning character from the first two films which ended up being a dud. The fourth brought Joe Armstrong back but it wasn’t enough to save the film. The fifth film wasn’t originally planned as part of the American s Ninja series so it doesn’t count.

melstapler and Timeline Man like this.
  7. Timeline Man

1- The final battle of Part 2 is very good, but it should have been longer.
    2- AN3 and AN4 are good movies in their own right. Too bad Michael didn't want to do Part 3. We deserved to get a third, full blown Joe Armstrong adventure.
    3- Yes, basically AN5 hasn't been planned or filmed as a proper American Ninja movie.

melstapler likes this.
  8. melstapler

9. melstapler

Actor Steve James was an extraordinary action star in every way. He practiced martial arts and also worked as a stuntman. Steve's premature death at age 41 in 1993 left a huge void in the action film genre. Before his death, Steve was set to portray Jax Riggs in the first Mortal Kombat film which released in 1995.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Steve James with Chuck Norris in Delta Force

Timeline Man likes this.
  10. melstapler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Steve James also appeared with Michael Dudikoff in the 1986 action film "Avenging Force," which was originally intended as a sequel to the 1985 film "Invasion U.S.A.," which starred Chuck Norris in the role of Matt Hunter.

Timeline Man likes this.
  11. Timeline Man

"Avenging Force" is a huge cult movie of the eighties. Dudikoff and James delivered the best as always, such a great and unique chemistry. Firstenberg was the director.

I also liked Steve's role on "McBain". He was a memorable character actor, unforgettable.

melstapler likes this.
  12. Timeline Man

I also forgot to mention Lethal Ninja (1992), which was re-titled American Ninja 5: The Nostradamus Syndrome in South Africa.
    A semi-official entry from brothers Avi Lerner and Danny Lerner, the producers of American Ninja 2/3/4, and directed by American Ninja 4 director of photography Yossi Wein.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.