The Americans Season Four ...Begins tonight.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by trem two, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trem two

trem two Forum Resident Thread Starter

New season begins tonight.

John likes this.
  2. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Hm, I guess nobody else watches this show?

I watched the first episode of season four last night and I was a little disappointed as I liked the first three seasons so much.

The bad disguises stuck out more, there seemed to be some forced dialogue between two the main characters, and the conflict between Stan and Philip seemed a bit contrived for the sake of the plot. It didn't feel organic.

3. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Thought it was good!

4. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

It was good. I guess I'm just being too picky.

shokhead likes this.
  5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I've liked the first two episodes of this season.

Not sure where that Nina plot is going. That seemed kind of superfluous last season as well.

Interesting to see what they do with the daughter and the preacher.

6. shokhead

Don't the preacher disappears just seems so right that it won't happen?

7. Maniacon \m/

Maniacon \m/ Forum Resident

Pastor Tim is KGB, right? Or is that too obvious?

8. shokhead

Never even thought of that. I'm not sure.

9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Well, before the daughter admitted what she did, something like that was contemplated. But now that she knows her parents know, if he were to disappear or die mysteriously, it would be too obvious to the daughter.

He could be KGB--that would certainly provide a way out for the plot...

10. shokhead

Yep. If he is then he's going to report what she did and then what? KGB out to kill her? Kill her and mom and dad? Send her to Russia or else? A thick plot and I love it.

11. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

For some reason I thought Pastor Tim had already been revealed as KGB in the last series. I might be hallucinating.

12. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I don't think Paster Tim is KGB myself. I don't see a diminishment in quality in the series so far this season. I love it just as much. I agree that the Nina subplot is slow boiling. . . I just need more Nina I guess!

13. rufus t firefly

rufus t firefly Forum Resident

I really like the show. I tend to get frustrated with the FBI agent across the street. UH, you don't notice any unusual comings and goings,all hours, really?

14. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Well, in fairness, as an FBI agent he probably keeps fairly odd hours himself, so he's likely not around when the Jennings are doing a lot of their comings and goings. He did suspect them in the first pilot and even went as far as to break into their garage and inspect their car. There's really no reason now to suspect them of anything and the families are friends (or were). I think maybe his suspicions will be aroused again; especially with the tension between him and Philip that has been created.

15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Well, I didn't see that ending coming...

16. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Neither did I. I was genuinely shocked. I actually yelled out, "Oh no!" That was difficult.

sloaches likes this.
  17. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

I'm Tivoing season 4, but I need to watch the first 3 seasons one of these days:cheers:

18. sloaches

sloaches Forum Resident

Same here. Who knew that Elizabeth was such a good bowler? :laugh:

Honestly tho, this show is really stepping up its game this season and the cast is putting on some incredible performances.

19. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i want the daughter to kill the pastor and his wife.

20. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Any else think that the guy's initial response to Gabriel's "problem" is "to wrap his body in plastic and burn it", but then he's treated with antibiotics and he's miraculously ok? I thought that was pretty cheap. Didn't see the other thing happening until the guards came in and then I kind of knew something bad was going to happen. That was good (and shocking) TV.

21. rjp

rjp Senior Member

yes sir, my wife actually let out a gasp at that final scene, didn't see it coming at all.

that's why it is such a damn good show, they need to do that to tom on the blacklist....soon.

GodShifter likes this.
  22. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Damn! Though the character had been marginalized into a corner in the series, I'll miss that character!

The virus was less potent than I figured. . . or at least it seems that way now. Interesting.

23. Maniacon \m/

Maniacon \m/ Forum Resident

As soon as they picked up the contagion & couldnt rid of it right away it was clear there was going to be a problem... & why even let on that Elizabeth 'might be' sick when you know she isn't going to die... while it had a excellent ending the episode overall was kind of weak. Lol @ Stan going through the drawers!

GodShifter likes this.
  24. rufus t firefly

rufus t firefly Forum Resident

I like Henry and Stan having funny conversations about life. It looks like the kid will inadvertently tip him off to the parents strange behavior.

Encuentro likes this.
  25. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

The writers kind of boxed themselves in with Nina's story line, so it really had to end the way it did. For me, it was a lot of wasted time that could have been better spent with the Jennings. BTW the actress who plays Nina, Annet Mahendru, is going to have a recurring role on FX's "Tyrant" this summer, which is the definition of guilty pleasure TV watching.

GodShifter and rufus t firefly like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.