The Avengers TV Series - Blu Ray Preorders

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by modrevolve, Aug 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

This Blu-ray produced in the UK and Germany is absolutely gorgeous (b&w) and runs at the correct speed (the season 4, 5, 6 sets all are correct). They are region coded so US viewers need a region-freed player (available on Amazon). Definitive versions of the series! I know the chaps who worked on these and they were quite diligent to send the work back for revisions again and again until everything was right.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avengers-4...=1475858798&sr=8-1&keywords=avengers+season+4

By the way, a lost episode from season 1 was just discovered:
    SpyVibe: LOST AVENGERS FOUND »

-Jason
    (SPY VIBE)

vudicus and alexpop like this.
  2. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Useless to me until they make it for US viewing. I'm not buying extra players just for foreign Blu-rays. If they want my money, they'll make it for MY player.

longdist01 likes this.
  3. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

If people want these great UK blu-ray releases for a nice price. Amazon UK has them for 35 pounds each. Very cheap especially with where the pound is now,

4. Todd Fredericks

You're missing out and kind of shooting yourself in the foot, It's not just country specific releases there are UK labels like Eureka, Arrow, BFI, Network, Studio Canal putting out amazing releases with even more amazing high bitrate encodes. There is so much out there. Look around. It like saying a nice AP or MFSL or DCC vinyl pressing is the same as another record label's release. A lot out there.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    JackBnimble likes this.
  5. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

they don't really produce them for the US market, so they're not really after our money. unfortunately the blu-ray produced in the US ran at the wrong speed, and also didn't achieve the same level of picture quality and extras. i think i got my all-region player for about $200. check out the Network site for lots of other cool UK releases that we'll likely never see in the US. Network Distributing Ltd Film TV Home Entertainment »

chacha likes this.
  6. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Thx Jason
    Only interested in season 4 & 5 ( Emma Peel). Curious. Does the blu rays come with subtitles ?

7. alexpop

Succumbed to curiosity and got the box set. Must admit blu ray series 4 picture ( b&w) is stunning, also has subtitles,
    Who's Mr Peel?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  8. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

More interesting question - what was Mrs Peel's name before she married him? :confused:

alexpop likes this.
  9. alexpop

Yeah, lets Peel slowly and see. :)

10. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Still no word for Season 4 R1 Blu-ray release date, and there were picture quality/sound speedup issues for Season 5.

11. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

That's right. I posted speed comparisons on youtube. Only the UK/Germany Blu-rays (covering Emma and Tara years) are at the correct speed (and they are gorgeous). No updates about additional (or corrected) R1 blu-rays.

longdist01 likes this.
  12. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Thanks for clearing up the releases!

At the present the previous Emma "Mega set DVD'S feature the most episodes per package, however in SD format and still audio speedup/picture softness concerns.

13. Steve...O

Steve...O Forum Resident

Very bummed at the lack of S4 on BD in region 1. S5 must have sold very poorly to scare Lionsgate from future releases.

14. The. They should license it out. I can't stand studios that sit on things because it doesn't sell (one reason it could have sold poorly--it was 4% too fast, not enough bit rate, no extras. Piss off the fans, they won't buy it. Lion's Gate needs to take a look at itself as well.

longdist01 likes this.
  15. As I recall the DVD sets are at the correct speed. It's just the BD that isn't.

woody likes this.
  16. A guy that looks like Steed (at least from the back) and drives a car just like him.

17. Todd Fredericks

The UK Blu-rays are even less expensive now. About 30 pounds.

Jason W likes this.
  18. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

That's right. R1 DVDs and UK Blu-rays are correct. And the guys who worked on the UK stuff even had to keep sending it back to get the studio to make corrections. It nearly didn't succeed.

By the way, I'm selling my complete A&E Emma megaset and Tara sets, part of my SPY VIBE collection.

19. alexpop

Fopp?

20. Todd Fredericks

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    alexpop likes this.
  21. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Any updates if U.K. only Blu-ray releases will be properly formatted for U.S. market by StudioCanal?

22. My guess is that it didn't sell all that well as everything has been silent.

23. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

As the market we're getting too few and old :(

Steve...O and wayneklein like this.
  24. Steve...O

Steve...O Forum Resident

I ain't that old and would dearly love to buy a US BD of the B&W Rigg years and any of the Tara /Purdey years that may be released.

25. You could buy a all region player and order it from the U.K. Expensive for the disc set but I doubt that anyone anytime soon is going to release it here unless someone like Shout Factory licenses it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.