The Band - "To Kingdom Come" CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by reb, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

No, I was referring to the fake live tracks on To Kingdom Come Anthology. I see Matty answered in post #23.

2. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

oh sorry. since all of the fake live tracks originated from the label i thought you were talking about the live album

3. Matty

Matty Senior Member

I started to worry that I was misremembering, so I checked our good friend Wikipedia, which quotes the following passage from the liner notes of the Moondog Matinee remaster:

"Chuck Berry's Going Back To Memphis, on the other hand, was completed and ready for inclusion on the album Moondog Matinee but ended up being shelved in favor of Promised Land. This version has been released before complete with overdubbed audience sounds as the opening track on the fraudulent Live at Watkins Glen CD. No one in The Band was connected with that particular release which had been originally mastered sometime in the late 1970s or early 1980s, although not released until 1995."

4. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

I rather like the faux live version of Endless Highway. Although I wish that it wasn't marred by the faux audience noise. I think it has better energy than the Moondog Matinee studio version, and I like it overall a bit better than the Before The Flood (true) live version.

Matty likes this.
  5. CybrKhatru

CybrKhatru Music is life.

I found only disc 2 of this collection a few months back and I love it (although I do already have a lot of Band on CD/LP). Eventually I'll find disc 1....

6. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

I wish I'd kept my copy as well...To Kingdom Come was the first Band CD I bought when I was first discovering them. Sold it when I decided it wasn't enough and got all the individual albums...oops!:shake:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.