The Beatles 1 and 1+

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nikh33, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Because when I'm listening in 2028, I don't want to think "geez, that sounds so 2017..."

2. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

If it was not a mistake, but a decision that he stands by, then why the cringing?

dewey02 likes this.
  3. Frank

Frank Senior Member

It's The Beatle$. You'll have dutifully purchased and then angrily criticized at least two more versions by then. :D

On the bright side, the original stereo mix will be even more dead and buried even deeper by 2028.

4. thrivingonariff

thrivingonariff Forum Resident

Didn't think we'd need a discussion of the hermeneutics of cringing, but . . . people can cringe for various reasons, including, for example, the anticipation of being harshly criticized by others. Doesn't necessarily mean that the cringer thinks they made a mistake.

soundQman likes this.
  5. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

I'd much rather discuss the Hermeneutics of Cringing than the Politics of Dancing... :)

6. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

This thread is making me lose the will to live, I'm out.

vmajewsk and pobbard like this.
  7. Gila

Gila Forum Resident

Not necessarily, I mean sure, LOVE is a "wild" because it's a mash-up (of which I wouldn't mind having volume 2 or something), but just a few days ago I saw this page from 2007, which says:

8. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Hey, I'm not one of those constant complainers. [Although I am a firm defender of the original stereo Rubber Soul mixes.]

I'm all for being able to hear alternatives.

My complaint is when the original is taken away....

soundQman and Frank like this.
  9. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Me too.

10. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Sorry for my part in the strange detour about how much Giles did or didn't contribute to the LOVE mixes and mashups. As far as I'm concerned we can go back to talking about 1+. I'm neither a Giles loyalist or a hater -- I actually like most of his mixes, but am concerned at how they are getting increasingly artificially loud and compressed over the past decade. I need to replace my ancient turntable before I can experience this, but I'm looking forward to what should be the best of both worlds in the Pepper remix LP -- a good, modern remix by Giles, but not squashed like the CD was. Carry on, folks.

11. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

Our difference in opinion is a difference of perception. I’ve worked in the modern world long enough to know those with titles aren’t those that do the actual work.

The evidence you demand has already been discussed - indeed, it’s what made me doubt Giles’ substantial participation in the first place.

12. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Well, what do I know? Apparently I don't work in the "modern world." I think this little sideshow has played itself out. You win, if that helps.

superstar19 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.