The Beatles Anthology on older (cheaper) DVD players...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Paul K, Apr 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member Thread Starter

Don't know whether this will stay in the music section, but here goes.

Bought the Anthology set and noticed that the picture was lagging and that the sound was out of sync. My player is an older budget (oritron) unit and I am wondering if anybody has an answer for me. Oh yeah, I did exchange it and get another (Anthology that is!) and it still does the same thing.:mad: :(

What is up with this? Any answers?

2. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I have an Apex player which is pretty generic but hey it works. I didn't have these problems. Make sure your surround sound is option is off if you don't have surround sound. That will cause it to look out of sync. I left mine one because the music sounded better to my ears with the surround sound on even though I do not have a surround sound system. I just dealt with the Beatles talking out of sync. My picture looked fine to me though.

3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Did you try both the PCM and DD soundtracks (I'm assuming you don't do DTS, but add it if you do)? Are you using digital outputs (DAC on your receiver) or analog outputs (DAC on your player)?

Regards,

4. Uncle Al

Uncle Al Senior Member

Well, some of the old videos and live stuff aren't synched very well (Hello Goodbye comes to mind), but the "interview' segments seemed dead on to me. Some of those old promo films (can't remember if it's Strawberry Fields or Penny Lane) have a segment where they are NOT singing on camera the line coming out of the audio. That's not a DVD defect, it's just the way it was......

5. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member Thread Starter

All analogue outs and ins. This is very confusing to me. Maybe this has happened on other DVDs that you all own? Not just the Ant!

Thanx again. Keep it comin'...

6. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Haven't had a chance to go over and play with the settings yet, but my mother's dvd player does this on most if not all dvds. It's really weird because if you press the pause button and then play it will sync up for a little while but you can watch it get worse and worse.

7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Actually, I've noticed those problems n my Sons PS2??? My Tosh SD-3109 so far, (got fingers crossed) played 500+ DVD's flawlessly...My buddy's bringing over Anthology...Now I'm real curious if I'll have problems?

8. AudioEnz

AudioEnz Senior Member

Audio synch problems have occured with certain players, or certain player and disc combinations (in the past notably with Pioneer DVD players, of the "name" brands).

Any name brand DVD player should not have this problem these days.

9. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

My Pioneer DVL-909 had a slight sync problem, but it was not nearly as severe or noticeable as what "sydbarrett" described.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.