The Beatles - Capitol Albums Vol 1 & 2 v The US albums box sets.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sunspot, Jul 14, 2017.

1. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

I have both in my possession. :agree:

superstar19 likes this.
  2. MedozK

MedozK Forum Resident

I'm sure it is posted somewhere in this thread, so please forgive my question. But, how would one identify the corrected version. I have seen these in the bins, but don't know what to look for to purchase the corrected version. Does anyone have a comparison in matrix information to go by?

superstar19 likes this.
  3. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

The initial pressings of Volume 2 had inadvertently used fold downs for the mono versions of Beatles VI and Rubber Soul instead of the original dedicated mono mixes.

Some of us completists consider those to be new mixing variations...

Bossyman and superstar19 like this.
  4. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

If it still has the "hype sticker" on it, the corrected version will have the code "SK1" in very small type.

superstar19 and MedozK like this.
  5. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

Revised Capitol Albums Vol. 2 now in stores - BeatlesNews.com

6. Bruce Burgess

Bruce Burgess Senior Member

I got it, shortly after the set came out. I remember the controversy at the time and made sure the box I purchased had to correct code.

superstar19 likes this.
  7. Bossyman

Bossyman Forum Resident

I got it semi-recently. Within the last 8 months or so on eBay. Less than $50.

8. beatstonemargo

beatstonemargo Forum Resident

Me too...got my information right here at the time. When I made my purchase I looked for the correct code as well.
    Actually bought my two volumes at the gift shop when in Las Vegas attending the Love show.

9. tmoore

tmoore Forum Resident

Yes. I had mailed in the "wrong" CD and Capitol sent me a corrected one. Also a letter which I still have.

I don't think this is the same letter as what was posted earlier, as my letter came along with the corrected CD (i.e., I had already done what the earlier letter said to do).

I should scan it in, but I can't do that right now.

10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

wonder how many ppl traded in their Vol 1&2 when they heard the announcement of the fake US box thinking it would tie up lose ends?

11. Price.pittsburgh

Price.pittsburgh Forum Resident

@Michael lol don't get that started you'll raise your blood pressure brother.

12. Michael

I'm calm, I'm calm, I'm calm!!!!
    thanks for your concern my friend! LOL...

Price.pittsburgh likes this.
  13. Michael

typo :LOOSE...

14. Rock66

Rock66 Forum Resident

I didn't do anything. I have the Beatles Vol. 1 and 2 Boxes I bought and the "fake" US Box. I was really looking for a Vol. 3 box, but I guess I have to settle for "fake"!

15. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

For whatever reason, on Ebay and Amazon, the Meet The Beatles and Hey Jude "US Albums" CDs have soared in price. Must be a shortage.

16. btomarra

btomarra Classic Rock Audiophile

Sorry, Luke. You may have mentioned this already in this thread, but I Call Your Name from Second Album appears to be the mono mix with cowbell at start. Is Long Tall Sally also a mono mix? I am listening to these songs from the Capital Albums cd box set BTW.

17. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Yes, follow the thread up to see @slane’s original point about the fold-downs.

18. Michael

[​IMG]

revised box set sticker

19. btomarra

I certainly will and I did! Thank you, Luke!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  20. btomarra

Count me in here! I love the Capitol albums but hearing the U.K. albums especially Revolver with the Lennon tracks where they belong I loved the album so much more!

21. Kept mine. Unique because they are authentic. Yes, EMI/Apple tried to create one (and some of the tapes were sent to Capitol, too) but the Dexterized versions are unique.

Michael and btomarra like this.
  22. Michael

yes the real deal for the US albums.

23. btomarra

Luke sorry to ask this if you have weighed in so many times. In comparing the Capitol volumes with the fake stereo, reverb, etc. How do you rank the US albums box in comparison (sadly using the 1987 stereo remixes when the 1965 stereo mixes were made available) for mastering and source material?

24. Michael

I have 3 copies...sick!

25. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

These are the actual Capitol albums. Therefore, any Beatles collector needs to have them.

boggs likes this.