THE BEATLES: More in Store in '04?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by texquad, Dec 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texquad

texquad Senior Member Thread Starter

THE BEATLES: More in Store in '04?(Posted 3:00 AM, 12/18/2003)

Sources tell us the 40th anniversary of The Beatles' first trip to America, in February 1964, will be recognized with a new release. No word yet on exactly what that will be. In addition, E-M-I is planning to re-master the Fab Four's albums and time their releases to significant anniversaries. --Sal Cirrincione

2. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

There are rumours floating around that the release(s) will be the U.S. albums on CD. While this would be very welcome, I find it a bit hard to believe.

3. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

It could be an audio CD of the Ed Sullivan performances.

4. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

Interesting if they release the US albums, but not likely. It would confuse the market, causing weird overlap of the present UK albums. Maybe in a box set, they would release all the albums up to Revolver, complete with original artwork. It would be neat to have both AHDN and Help with instrumental soundtrack music.

5. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Shoot, I would buy a box set of the original US releases (including Introducing if possible). Heck, I'd buy two!

Of course, these albums could fit 2 on a CD, but you KNOW they wouldn't do that! ("To keep the "feel" of the original releases, we decided to put them on separate platters" or "So we could charge a lot more! :D )

Who cares, it's the Beatles. Shut up! We'll Buy It!!! :D

6. MartinGr

MartinGr Senior Member

Even I would buy the US Rubber Soul... Never heard it or compiled it, but the track listing is great!
    And THIS is the one Brian Wilson refers to, beeing his Pet Sounds inspiration, or??

Martin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.