The Beatles on Apple Book has arrived

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Ben, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member Thread Starter

Bruce Spizer's latest "The Beatles on Apple" book arrived yesterday. Anyone familiar with his previous Beatles books knows exactly what a thrill this is. Let's just say that about 80% of forum members NEED this book. There is a wealth of information on this volume.

Example: on the Christmas Album section, Bruce gives you a series of hurdles your copy must cleanly jump in order to be legit. Mine passed all tests....that is until the very last one. At which point, a very loud Homer Simpson signature "doig" could be heard through-out the house.

Now, if only Bruce would write a book about WHO'S NEXT .....
    Just kidding.

BC

2. And what would that be? I have a Beatles Christmas album that an old radio boss/friend of mine gave me in around 1978. I've always thought mine was a legit cooy. It has the "Bell Sound" etched into the run-off groove.

3. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member Thread Starter

My copy passed all the cover requisites, Bell Sound, "sf" signature, and hand written Winchester pressing plant symbol on the deadwax.

My copy failed THE SIZE OF THE RING (round indentation) on the label. It should have a certain diameter (I can't remember the exact size but it should be about an inch and a half). It is hard to explain without a picture.

BC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.