The Beatles - Pitch Shifting

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by setalpgninnpsekil, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Yes, I presume that is true in this case. The A2 version of "Only A Northern Song" was compiled in the 1990s for the Anthology project. This was not a case of an alternate mix/version laying around since 1967. As Brennan says: "The Anthology mix is also synchronized from tracks on different original tapes, but deliberately has different tracks mixed in, including a different lead vocal ...".

Arnie

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
    JimC likes this.
  2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Yes and no (I think). The missing elements originally from take 3 are still part of take 12. It's just that those elements on take 3 are now combined with further elements done for take 12. In other words, take 12 has the elements from 3 and 12 in combination. So I guess then that the specific original elements from take 3 cannot be heard all by themselves anymore. They are stuck with the elements of take 12.

Does that make sense? (Hope so, but it does get a bit complicated to figure out.)

Arnie

JimC and slane like this.
  3. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

For whatever reason, it seems to be true of all of the songs from the Help! film soundtrack, and is also true on the DVD. Just stumbled on this regarding the DVD, and did not realize it was also true of the album.

4. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Arnie, are you really Stanley J. Krammerhead III Jr.? :D

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    Keith V likes this.
  5. igor stravinsky

igor stravinsky Forum Resident

I was going to nominate Lovely Rita for that honor. The vocals were recorded running slow, as was the piano solo. I remember it as one of the few tracks where The Beatles overdubbed instrumental tracks at a different speed. I'm fuzzy on the details, however. I'm sure someone can disabuse me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.