The Beatles Remasters: What Are The Mono Mix Differences?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jl151080, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

That's intentional flanging on the mono "Your Mother Should Know". :shrug:

Only Taxman distorts to any extent on "Revolver", no? (compressor overload)

2. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Yeah, nice to hear once in a while.

3. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

He said he'd uncovered new information for 'Chronicles' that made 'Recording sessions' out of date. He has since obviously read everything published by others, and some new information which he will be publishing over the next few years in his three volume Biography of the Beatles. I specifically spoke to him about the Help! single and the Long Tall sally solos back in 1998 and he told me he had new information on them but no new book at that time in which to publish the information.

4. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

I always thought that was intentional too. I mean, that's what Taxman sounds like, when I heard the stereo in 1971 I thought it was too clean, unfinished, like an out-take!

5. zappledd

zappledd New Member

Help! & CTS mono mix

Cool to hear you spoke to Mark on these topics. Was your meeting in relation to anything or by chance? What's the word on Mark's three volume masterpiece? I read something which suggested it was behind schedule. Maybe this is getting off topic now....

6. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Actually, one of the gorts posted the relevant article, Lord Hawthorne, maybe?

7. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Oh, by chance. But we've chatted a fair few times. He emailled me just a few weeks ago that his work is on schedule.... but a new schedule! It will be 2012 before the first one is complete. He keeps finding new material. no doubt it will be worth the wait!

8. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

It would be very nice if you felt you could afford the time, to do a 1963-era STEREO of She Loves You!:righton:

9. Mikkel

Mikkel Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.