The Beatles Yellow Submarine (Film) Returning To Cinemas July 8, 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Kevin55, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Maybe Apple will jump in w/ 4K physical release 4kBlu/Blu-Ray/DVD Deluxe for 2018 holiday season?

Better be some of the Isolated music 5.1, bonus ported over!

BeatlesBop likes this.
  2. The Ole' Rocker

The Ole' Rocker Forum Resident

And you, sir, win this thread. From now on, I will attach “ATMOS” to every sentence I type, write or say regarding The Beatles.

BeatlesObsessive and CBS 65780 like this.
  3. originalsnuffy

originalsnuffy Socially distant and unstuck in time

Nah, you have to mention Carnival of Light. Accepted forum policy for all Beatle threads.

forthlin likes this.
  4. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

Just reissue it on a 4k UHD disc, in DolbyVision with an ATMOS soundtrack, and you'll never hear me complain again.:D

5. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

Short of that dream actually happening, the current Bluray looks and sounds amazing on my OLED as is, and I am very happy with it.

Derek Slazenger likes this.
  6. ShockControl

ShockControl Bon Vivant and Raconteur!

That is the best thing I've read here in a long time!

Rfreeman likes this.
  7. BeatlesObsessive

BeatlesObsessive The Earl of Sandwich Ness

We should be grateful..but if there are upgrades and enhancements put em out! And a stereo remaster &, DOLBY ATMOS surround remix of the songtrack is a no brainer!

8. wwright

wwright Forum Resident

Trailer for the 50th anniversary release:

9. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident Thread Starter

[​IMG]

Tickets are now on sale for Yellow Submarine as it sails back to US theaters this July!

To find your nearest theater and to get tickets visit www.yellowsubmarine.film/#tickets
    If tickets are not available for your event just yet, please check back shortly.

On its release in 1968, Yellow Submarine was instantly recognised as a landmark achievement. The film combined pioneering animation techniques, dazzling visual invention, witty dialogue and of course glorious music, including “Eleanor Rigby,” “When I’m Sixty-Four,” “Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds,” “All You Need Is Love,” and “It’s All Too Much".

Now restored in full 4K digital resolution, Yellow Submarine is back again.

Embark with us 80,000 leagues under the sea, to a place where beauty, happiness, and music reign supreme.

10. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

This looks to be playing on relatively small screens in my area so I will probably give it a miss. No Friday night or weekend matinee showings either (bar Sunday at 4:30 pm).

11. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I'm glad it's back in theaters but I don't know that I need to pay to see it. I've got a pretty big tv and the most recent blu-ray disc (not to mention all the home video iterations previously issued.) It'd be nice if they'd release a 4K disc though, I'd be interested in that.

DK Pete likes this.
  12. OneStepBeyond

OneStepBeyond Senior Member

YES!! It's going to be playing just down the road from me! Thanks for bumping the thread and putting the link & details in, @Kevin55. :righton:

13. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

I NEED this poster. Where can I get this poster!

marklamb, DK Pete and Kevin55 like this.
  14. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

This doesn’t really interest me. The only thing I would be interested in would be outtakes from the “All Together Now” sequence at the end.

DK Pete likes this.
  15. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Playing at my favourite so I'm really chuffed about that. Looking forward to seeing it on the big screen at a really lovely cinema. Good stuff.

16. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

The bluray looks pretty great; I don't know just how much better this can look on a new home release. What I'd be interested in is a revamped deluxe soundtrack album combining all the remixed songs (including ADITL) with a remixed George Martin score, a nicely illustrated book with the official story of the making of the film and the story behind it, and-inclusive in a DVD package-unused scenes, if any.

17. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I think I would buy that!

DK Pete likes this.
  18. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

...and that poster ad is a suitable-for-framing gorgeous thing. That should also be made available for Eddie and all of us:agree:

Kevin55 and EddieMann like this.
  19. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

Quoted for truth! :edthumbs:

marklamb and DK Pete like this.
  20. pseudopod

pseudopod Dig Yourself

Got my tickets already for July 9. I'm excited! I would never miss an opportunity to see this on the big screen. Should be fun!:D

Mark Wilson and OneStepBeyond like this.
  21. The Ole' Rocker

The Ole' Rocker Forum Resident

I would love it if “Carnival Of Light” is included in a deluxe edition of this album.

AlmanacZinger likes this.
  22. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

“They’ve Gone Too Far” Edition with deluxe remaster of the restoration of the digital remix on analogue vinyl!!

Kevin55 likes this.
  23. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Cool, it's actually playing here in Edmonton (July 8). I'll take the family, my five year old probably wouldn't forgive me if I didn't...

24. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

That would scare the kiddies! BARCELONA! BARCELONA!! ;)

25. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

"Are you alright"?:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.