The Beatles Yellow Submarine (Film) Returning To Cinemas July 8, 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Kevin55, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. isolation can harm you terribly

:rolleyes:

2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Let me hear the darn thing first, and then I will let you know. ;)

ohnothimagen likes this.
  3. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

You get a job at one of the theaters and wait for the show to begin and yank it off the wall and run out the door screaming.

dee, EddieMann and boggs like this.
  4. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

I’m so excited to see it’s playing here in Miami! I wouldn’t miss this for anything! Really, how often does one get to see any of the original Beatles films on a big screen in surround! Almost never! I’m sure I’ll gain a new appreciation for the film having only seen it on video/tv years ago.

edenofflowers likes this.
  5. maxwell2323

maxwell2323 Forum Resident

Please don't give away the ending.

6. MILKEY

MILKEY Forum Resident

Why is this a big deal to see in theaters.
    We have reissued dvd Blu-ray etc.

ronbow likes this.
  7. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Paul shoots first.

BZync and AlmanacZinger like this.
  8. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

Spoiler Alert. It was an Apple Bonker from the grassy knoll.

9. Vinylfindco

I got tickets tonight for the Miami show! I haven’t been in this particular theater, it was nearly sold out. It appears to be a very small venue from the seating chart. No matter, I want to experience this. I’m in recovery so no mind altering substances (except a few shots of espresso) :-(
    I got a date half my age to accompany me. All I told him is it’s a cartoon, lol.

10. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

As part of the 50th anniversary celebrations, The Beatles just launched a fun little Pac-Man style game on-line based on Yellow Submarine. I announced here on my Spy Vibe site:

The Beatles launch new Yellow Submarine Pac-Man game on-line to celebrate the 50th anniversary screenings this July of a new 4k print in theaters: SpyVibe: BEATLES PAC-MAN

MerseyBeatle likes this.
  11. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

Normally, I would agree, and I really, really love the BluRay ... but this is a movie that benefits from being seen on a big screen. Fifty percent of the appeal of this movie stems from the visuals, not the story, and the other 50 percent of its appeal is the music. Both the eye-popping animation and the incredible 5.1 psychedelic soundtrack are really enhanced by the theatrical presentation.

For those hoping to catch this in a theater, if the official website doesn't display any local listings, I'd suggest Googling your city and the name of the movie. The official site was telling me today there are no showings within a two-hour radius of my home, but a Google search directed me to a theater five minutes from my house.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    Mark Wilson, dee and longdist01 like this.
  12. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Do you all think kids today will like this movie? I have a chance to take my music students to it and perform Beatles music in the theater after the movie. I'm concerned they will think it is just weird.

longdist01 and Electric Sydney like this.
  13. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

I gifted it to my nephews couple of of years ago (ages 4 and 8) along with the YS Lego set and I think it ended up being a curiosity watch. However, they enjoyed the 1+ DVD set a lot and have been singing Fab tunes since :)

mmars982 likes this.
  14. Vinylfindco

I wonder that too. I am bringing a younger friend who is like 30 years old. Likes current animated stuff but not a particular Beatles fan. He’s heard the song and that’s about it. Should be interesting. Not sure it’s a good date movie, lol. I’m in recovery so I can’t even get stoned first!

15. Bern

Bern JC4Me

Now ...if you were going to see Magical Mystery Tour.....this might be a concern.

Vinylfindco and Electric Sydney like this.
  16. Electric Sydney

I think they will love it. For many reasons.

mmars982 and longdist01 like this.
  17. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Hell yes, Yellow Submarine is a classic- my five and thirteen year olds both love it. I plan on taking them to see the film on Sunday.

Mark Wilson and mmars982 like this.
  18. marklamb

marklamb Forum Resident

I wonder if they will be handing out any promo items at the venues for people who purchased tickets. I know this has been a trend lately with a lot of new movies. Would be cool to get one of those posters as a free handout...

Electric Sydney likes this.
  19. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

Today.

I'm trying to clarify what we'll be seeing/hearing today. As far as I can tell, it will be the 2012 film restoration, with the 1999 5.1 audio mix. But this will be a 4K digital transfer, which is higher visual resolution than available on the Blu-ray. Any corrections are welcomed.

I'll be at the Nashville Belcourt today. What is the significance of July 8? Wasn't the premier on July 17, 1968?

20. stingraex2000

stingraex2000 Forum Resident

No shows around here, that blows.

21. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

I just got back from a showing, everyone was handed a special Yellow Submarine envelope containing 4 stills from the film, a page of stickers, and a letter describing the the film-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Stickers-
    [​IMG]

Accompanying letter-
    [​IMG]

23. Electric Sydney

They didn’t hang out anything at my showing.

24. Arnold Grove

Lovely!

25. Arnold Grove

UK moviegoers get priority treatment ... ;)

OobuJoobu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.