The Best Of Lindsey Buckingham: What's your dream tracklist?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Record Rotator, May 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brYantrYin

brYantrYin Well-Known Member

Not to forget the lost Lindsey gem "I Want You Back" which he wrote with Steve Ross when he was briefly a member of Mick Fleetwood's Zoo. He left mid way through recording the album , but it was the lead single from the second MF album anyhow (complete with wacky MTV video featuring a cameo appearance by Stevie Nicks)

2. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

All of LAW & ORDER.

ampmods and Matthew Tate like this.
  3. Each to their own. :agree:

Lewisboogie, Record Rotator and willy like this.
  4. willy

willy hooga hagga hooga

The sessions began in 1995 but there was never a release date. Yes there is a 'My Little Demon' demo out there.

Matthew Tate and Record Rotator like this.
  5. Record Rotator

Record Rotator A vintage/retro-loving sentimental fool Thread Starter

I'm amazed at how different our individual tracklists are :). I'm quite keen to see which songs actually end up on the compilation. Just out of curiosity , Out Of The Cradle is only represented by two tracks, is that a conscious choice?

Matthew Tate and willy like this.
  6. Record Rotator

I remember watching that performance back then, and it would definitely be a nice addition, but I would want it on disc 2,
    and the studio recording on disc 1.

7. Record Rotator

Just listened to "Dancing In The USA". It's a "nice enough" tune, but personally I don't need it on a Best" Of..."
    I guess a re-recording would be good.

Lewisboogie and WalkAThinLine like this.
  8. Record Rotator

9. Record Rotator

Cool song.

"I Want A Re-Recording"

brYantrYin likes this.
  10. Record Rotator

So, I just came across another unreleased song, "Brother & Sister". I like it a lot.

willy likes this.
  11. Cokeman118

Cokeman118 Forum Resident

Ok, so I'm new to Lindsey's solo stuff, I've heard very little and just starting to delve into some of it. Never knew he was on the Back To The Future soundtrack... I've seen the movie a million times.. so I went to youtube to check it out. I was like, oh yeah, Marty's alarm clock music. Cool song though.

12. willy

willy hooga hagga hooga

Yes as I wanted to fit a broader representation from all his solo albums and projects. And of course everyone should own Cradle anyway... :wave: :agree:

Record Rotator likes this.
  13. Mr. D

Mr. D Forum Resident

I concur. The familiar studio track on the Best Of disc one, live performance on a disc two rarities set.

Matthew Tate and Record Rotator like this.
  14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

This is excellent!

15. Record Rotator

:agree: True! However, more casual fans (who'll settle for a single-disc "Best Of...") probably don't and may be inspired to purchase Out Of The Cradle based on, say, the four very strongest tracks. Also, knowing that the record company approached Lindsey about it, I think they're expecting a tracklist that'll lur in the casual fans and make them delve deeper into Lindsey's catalogue and perhaps even make them fans for life.

Which is why there should be a second disc of rarities and unreleased tracks to please the already converted "disciples" :drool:

willy likes this.
  16. Record Rotator

Yes. And that only makes it interesting. :)

17. Record Rotator

It is. I'd only just listened to it once, when I posted the video. Having listened to it several times now,
    I really hope it'll be on his next album, if it's not included on the "Best Of..."

18. Record Rotator

:sweating:

19. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

I would say both "Holiday Road" and "Dancin Across the USA" are necessary as you can't get them otherwise (and probably the other soundtrack stuff that was mentioned above... although the Vacation stuff is the best).

I think all his singles should be represented including "It Was I" and "Slow Dancing." And then a few off the more recent albums that weren't really singles but are great songs.

No Fleetwood Mac songs though. None. No live versions. No demo versions. Nothing.

20. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yeah, definitely no FM songs. Although labels tend to include that kind of stuff as casual listener lure. I hope they don't in this case.

21. Sorry, that was my mistake. "Lunch Hour" was the B-Side to the original single of "It Was I" by "Skip and Flip", back when it was first released in 1959. Lindsey covered the song on "Law And Order".

22. WalkAThinLine

WalkAThinLine Forum Resident

it's released, on This is 40 soundtrack. same as She Acts Like You.

23. Was this recorded during the sessions for one of his solo albums?

24. WalkAThinLine

WalkAThinLine Forum Resident

nope. these were recorded exclusively for This is 40 soundtrack. Jon Brion was producer.

25. Record Rotator

Ah, sorry, I thought it was unreleased (don't know why). So, I guess it's perfect for disc 2, I'd say.

Matthew Tate likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.