The Blacklist with James Spader

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by The Panda, Sep 19, 2013.

1. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

Who is the girl in the picture ? Berlin's girl? The one sent to him in pieces? Why does Red have that photo? Did Red kill her? I think I was sleeping during that section...

2. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

I thought for a minute that Berlin was going to be Lizzie's father.

3. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

That would be a weird twist. Let me also go on record as saying that if Tom is still alive, I am officially done with this show (perhaps).

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

He is alive. Of course. Remember his words in the mustang commercial?

5. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

6. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

and Slippery Pete, the electrician ("the hole") in Seinfeld's 'The Frogger' episode

chodad likes this.
  7. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Lizzie is in the watch and red got the burns getting her out and to sam's house. Now, who set the fire, why was red there and Berlin of course is her dad.

8. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

So who was chopped up and sent to Berlin while he was in prison? Or does that not matter.. ?

9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

You can get that kinda stuff cheap on eBay.

I was looking at that in one shot and thought, "what the hell have they done to her hair this week?" Was she wearing a wig in previous episodes? Bizarre.

I said the exact same thing! This whole thing is a riff on The Usual Suspects, particularly the large group of Russian mob guys on the plane. Loved the cameo from Matt Lauer. NBC will do anything for ratings.

Very interesting reveal:
    That Red Reddington has massive burns on his back from a fire. Clearly, he was there the night Lizzy's family died, and he rescued her from the blaze. But it's too easy for Red himself to be her father, plus the dying Tom could've said, "Red is your father." But what he said was, "Your father is alive," which is clearly something totally different. I continue to believe that Red caused the accident that killed her parents, and this is why he feels responsible to the point where he has to look out for her.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  10. shokhead

Don't know, haven't figured that out. Why don't you help.:righton:

11. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

Ok then. Now that some things are cleared up... My guess. Someone who wanted him to believe his daughter was dead and knowing he would prolly escape with the help of sharp parts. Prolly someone in Alan Alda's group who really wanted Red dead more than Berlin... Lolol.

I have nothing.....

12. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

13. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

^A funny scene there Red explaining the benefits of that particular piece of fruit. ^

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  14. shokhead

Remember, the guy red killed taped to the chair keep yelling at tom to kill her. Sounds like she is the one someone wants killed and been messing with red to get to her? I just threw that out there.

15. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

She's been wearing bad wigs since the beginning of the show. She actually has (or had) short hair and the producers inexplicably felt they wanted their female lead FBI agent to have longer hair. Makes no sense to me.

Vidiot likes this.
  16. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I was convinced he would eat the dog.

17. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

You want a toe?

18. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Now that is something you will never see on TV. Slitting a throat or cutting a hand is okay but the outrage over what you describe would pale in comparison.

JohnBeas likes this.
  19. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant Thread Starter

Don't forget Red's daughter and wife died in a fire.

20. shokhead

Well that's the story.

Vidiot likes this.
  21. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

Guest star Peter Stormare...also great in Prison Break. Love that Frogger episode of Seinfeld.

spanky1 likes this.
  22. lbangs

lbangs Senior Member

First of all, Harold Cooper surviving that attempt has to be the least believable plot twist on this show yet, and that says something.

Second, am I the only person fearing an upcoming Obi-Wan / Anakin speech about Agent Keen's father? "That day, Lizzie, the man who was your father died, and the man who is Raymond Reddington was born."

Please, do not let this happen...

Shalom, y'all!

L. Bangs

nbakid2000 likes this.
  23. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Actually, I think no one in the FBI even considering the possibility Berlin was the one in the hospital has to take that award.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
    nbakid2000, Vidiot and Shawn like this.
  24. lbangs

lbangs Senior Member

That's pretty tough to swallow, but we've seen the group overlook the obvious before (Heck, how could they know the prisoner burned beyond identification wasn't Berlin?), but seriously, we didn't see anybody stop the attack on Cooper. A trained assassin was alone with him while another person kept watch. How did they not finish the job?

Also, I'd have to watch it once more, but didn't Ressler say he was gutted? Wasn't he straggled? Maybe I heard this wrong...

I just can't buy his survival.

Shalom, y'all!

L. Bangs

nbakid2000 likes this.
  25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

It was Keyser Söze!