The Blacklist with James Spader

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by The Panda, Sep 19, 2013.

1. rjp

rjp Senior Member

l.a. is my favorite NCIS also.

2. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant Thread Starter

Spader saved that episode single handedly

3. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

His multiple appearances on the "Today" show being described as a "current cast member" is not the best way to keep it a secret.

4. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

The second best episode of the season.

Red is a humanitarian!!!

5. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

I'm still sticking with it, but this show has jumped the shark. Stuffed victims around a campfire while tagged humans are hunted ? Really? No one Red would deal with would themselves have anything to do with stupid redneck taxidermists who idolize Ted Nugent.

Let's get back to sophisticated arms and bio weapon dealers and stop with the Leatherfaces of the world

chumlie likes this.
  6. The Panda

Peter Fonda is really OLD.:shake:

7. Drew

Drew Senior Member

I found my mind wandering all over during last weeks plague episode. Haven't seen this weeks. Guess I'll figure out in a few weeks whether I've stopped watching this show completely.

8. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Time for the "On Golden Pond" remake?

9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Summarizing this week's episode:

1) When a big name from the past appears in what seems to be a small role, you know that person will wind up being intricately tied to the crime of the week
    2) Enough with utterly bizarre horror movie reject bad guys
    3) Liked learning the backstory of Red's trusty sidekick, Dembe Feveur
    4) I expect everyone was gobsmacked by the reveal as to what was behind Lizzie's locked door.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  10. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Best bit about the plague ep was when they used Scott Walker's Seventh Seal on the soundtrack. We're still a few episodes behind here.

11. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Loved the backstory on Dembe. Red's speech on how "splendid" he is had me verklempt.

12. misterdecibel

Gobsmacked by its obviousness?

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Oh, like you're gonna tell me you saw that coming.

14. rjp

rjp Senior Member

absolutely. i can't believe you didn't.

i posted earlier and asked the question:

was there anyone in america, or for that matter the world, that didn't know what was behind that door?

sgb likes this.
  15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

(Yes, of course...sarcasm there...)

16. The Panda

"his books are such downers!" who writes this stuff??!
    I didn't see that curve ball coming with Spader.
    I really don't care if Tom lives or dies, this is being drawn out waaaaayyyy too long.

17. misterdecibel

Last night's episode seemed to break out of the formula a little, there was no cartoonish supervillain with a title. And it was more watchable, less cringe-worth than most episodes, apart from the bits on the boat with Tom.

spanky1 and cwsiggy like this.
  18. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

Agreed. Much better episode ..

19. misterdecibel

I do wonder, though, if this is going to be a stain that just won't wash off of James Spader's CV?

Tex_Writer likes this.
  20. sgb

sgb Senior Member

It ought to.

21. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

The fact that I can continue to watch is more of a testimony to how few choices there are on TV. We are desperate for something to watch. BTW if it were not for DVRs there is no way. It seems that I am fast-forwarding past commercials more on this one than any other network show. This is like complaining that a restaurant's food is bad and the portions are small.

sgb likes this.
  22. sgb

sgb Senior Member

You hit the nail on the head with this. Those who coined the term, the vast wasteland, are the prescient ones. Thank heavens for the election coverage last night or I would have been doomed to my solitaire game on the computer.

23. The Panda

Election coverage bores me. Read the numbers, cue the pundit, read the numbers, cue the pundit. We found something on PBS about the queen, with home movies. It was diverting, though I probably would have preferred something else. I wish I got the Smithsonian channel.
    I do agree with you.....when I see all these ads from Comcast or Verizon, I think: 'This is just TV. It is, by definition, garbage. It is designed to be stupid.' And we do not have the money to pay for stuff like HBO, etc. I know someone who for years paid the bucks to get HBO just to watch the Sopranos, nothing else. He even sacrificed other things in his life to keep paying. You guys who have some islands of quality on pay TV kind of keep the flame alive, I guess, but my priorities are very different from yours when it comes to money.

24. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Well done ending...

You never know what Red is up to....

25. sgb

sgb Senior Member

There was a great episode of Overhaulin' where Foose and the guys resurrected a Sunbeam Tiger on Velocity Channel. I would have preferred to see the results in British Racing Green, but at least he showed restraint by not turning this vintage classic into a two-toned space ship as he usually does. We watch the British comedies on Saturday Night PBS, but otherwise find the brainwashing over there a bit much.